Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nodal Ninja R10 + Sigma 8mm: Stitching with Hugin

Hi,

I am using a Nodal Ninja R10 head, Sigma Fisheye 8mm f/3,5 EX DG and Canon 70D.
    It has been ensured that the NPP point, lens settings, etc have been correctly set up.

However, trying to stitch this in Hugin results in incorrect overlap, seams and distortions at zenith/nadir.
    HDR itself works (bracketted stacks), but doesn't influence the actual stitching result.

I also tried out other tools like PTGui and here it worked correctly and even just automatically,
    so I don't think the photos were taken with incorrect NPP or other incorrect settings.

As a tripoud and panoramic head with rotator had been used, are there any way to take advantage of it,
    I tried to manually position the photos by incrementing yaw by 90 degrees (rotator), but then the photos don't overlap correctly.
    Also traditional Geometric Optimization using Control Points with different parameters result in incorrect stitches.

As it works nicely in some (quite expensive) panorama programs
    but just not in Hugin, and I really like to get this working with Hugin, too,
    I assume this is not because of the photos itself but rather a missing or incorrect setting or work step in Hugin.

Thanks in advance for hints

Originally posted by Eyefish View Post
    As a tripoud and panoramic head with rotator had been used, are there any way to take advantage of it,
    I tried to manually position the photos by incrementing yaw by 90 degrees (rotator), but then the photos don't overlap correctly.
    It does help the optimizer if you supply it will all the information you have to hand instead of leaving it to work out everything from scratch. Since you already know the yaw, pitch and roll angles quite accurately, you can enter all those values to get the optimization off to a flying start. There's not really much operational difference between the PTGui and Hugin optimizers. The control points are the important thing. Ensure that you have a good spread of points along the overlap areas and try to have points only between immediate neighbours - e.g. between images 1-2, 2-3 but not 1-3. Other than that, try optimizing in stages:

1) Starting with the images manually positioned, optimize fov,y,p,r and lens parameter b.
    2) Delete/correct any really bad points.
    3) Optimize again but now also include parameters a,c,d,e.
    4) Review the worst control points and delete/correct as appropriate before repeating the optimization.

The Nodal Ninja panorama head isn't directly anything to do with this and if you can't get a good result, I suggest you post your query on the Hugin forum at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx .

John

Comment

Working...
    X