Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Pano Tour from Mountain "Säntis"

Hello,
    yesterday I did a daytrip to the near mountain "Säntis" in Switzerland near St. Gallen.
    The Säntis has a weather station and big antennas for all kind of radio services installed.
    There are also two restuarants and 3 panorama decks. From two of them I took the following two panoramas.
    The peak is 2502m (~7500feet) above sea level. During winter time one can often experience this kind of weather situation that can be seen in my pictures.

Enough blabla, here is the link:
    https://lmy.de/XntnO

Have fun!

regards Frank
    Last edited by FrankD; December 22, 2021, 01:35 PM.

Thanks for sharing. Is wifi affected by the radio signals?

Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post
      Hello,
      yesterday I did a daytrip to the near mountain "Säntis" in Switzerland near St. Gallen.
      The Säntis has a weather station and big antennas for all kind of radio services installed.
      There are also two restuarants and 3 panorama decks. From two of them I took the following two panoramas.
      The peak is 2502m (~7500feet) above sea level. During winter time one can often experience this kind of weather situation that can be seen in my pictures.
      Thanks for the share, nice panos and great views May I suggest next time to install you more near border so you get a better view of landscape ;)
      Retired Nodal Ninja Distributor
      Blog: http://www.skivr.com

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
        Thanks for sharing. Is wifi affected by the radio signals?

Nick
        not at all. The wifi between C2 and my iPad worked without problems.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Vincèn View Post
          Thanks for the share, nice panos and great views May I suggest next time to install you more near border so you get a better view of landscape ;)
          Thank you Vincèn for your suggestion:
          I thought about that. But I delibaretely decided against it because the handrail would have been in the picture in any case. If I want to avoid an unsharp handrail I would have to focus more closely and would loose the necessary depth of field for the distant mountains even with f/16 that I used here to get the sun star.
          Another possibility would have been to raise the shooting hight by using the tripods center column as well. But there were strong winds that most probably would have caused too much vibration to the setup.
          If I will come to this place again I will try to bring my Manfrotto Clamp and attach my setup to the handrail and do the shooting from there.

Frank

Please find also attached two little Planets derived from these panos.Click image for larger version

Name:	Saentis-Planet-B.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	405.7 KB
ID:	34697
          Attached Files
          Last edited by FrankD; December 23, 2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Nice one Frank.
            Reminds me of how beautiful it is on top of the Säntis.
            Unfortunately it is now many years since I last stood there.

Comment

Unfortunately I go there way too seldom. Even that I only have a two hour drive from where I live to the base station of the cable car. I plan to go there more often next year espacially I want to be there when they offer there evening trips at full moon.

Comment

Working...
              X