Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 + Samyang 7.5mm: rail visible in lower right corner in portrait position.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 + Samyang 7.5mm: rail visible in lower right corner in portrait position.

Finally a perfectly fitting panorama in Hugin.

BUT: In every picture there is a part of the rail (upper or lower) visible in the corner of the image. During stichting these coners are mostly filtered out but some require masking.

Is this a known issue with fisheye lenses that the nn3mk2 rails are visible ?

Can this be solved ? I tried to put a manfrotto 323 plate/clamp under the gx1 to increase the horizontal distance between the camera and the vertical rail but the rail was still visible.

Thanks,

Henk

Yes, it can't be avoided. PTGUI will blend it our automatically.

NIck
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Thank you, Nick !

Comment

I have the same problem:

Sony A7RII in full frame mode + Samyang f2.8 8mm Fisheye UMC II with shaved hood + NN3 Mk2

See picture attached. The upper rail/joint is partly always in the edge of the picture, because the entrance pupil (nodal point) does not reach past the joint. With such low focal distance the angle of view beyond 180° always includes the rail partly.

If I could fit an adapter that puts about 1-2 additional cm between the camera body and the upper arm/rail of the NN3 the picture would be perfectly clear of the arm. With all the accessories in the shop and on amazon, which one could solve this issue?

Also, with a quick release plate mounted under the camera body, one could much quicker detach from the tripod head, in order to take hand held nadir shots. By now I always have to unscrew first.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is not a real problem. The first task is to make sure the NPP setting is correct.
          http://johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm
          With fisheye lens with horizontal fov of 150 degree, it is normal to have the upper rotator and vertical rail appearing in the image. BUT the software will just remove the rail in the overlapping region.
          You can mount any QR system on the camera mounting plate to increase the clearance from the upper rotator. We also have a smaller knob that will allow the camera to move close to the upper rotator.
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Working...
          X