Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will NN3 Mkii achieve correct nodal point with Rokinon/Samyang 12 2.8 on Sony A7iii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will NN3 Mkii achieve correct nodal point with Rokinon/Samyang 12 2.8 on Sony A7iii?

I'm new to 360 VR tour photography and am researching buying the correct equipment. I am looking at the Nodal Ninja 3 Mark 2 and want to make sure I can achieve correct nodal point with a lens camera combination with a collective length of 172 mm (6.75 inches) Does anybody have experience with this combination/size of camera, with this pano head?

It depends on where the NPP (No Parallax Pint) of the lens is with respect to the 1/4" Whitworth mount on the camera.
    The NN3 is designed to rotate the camera and lens about the NPP of the lens.
    The NN3 can accommodate a camera lens combination with distance of around 110 mm (or less) between the NPP and the 1/4" Whitworth mount on the camera.
    The combination of a Samyang 12 mm on a Sony A7iii should be less than this and you can easily measure it.

Your Sony weighs 0.7 Kg and the lens 0.525 Kg (= 1.225 Kg) which is within the NN3 weighty limit of 1.5 Kg.

Last edited by Hugh; August 11, 2020, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X