• there's power off
    when charging
    mcc i2c speed
    then set buzzer

firmware C1E_01485, C1M_01138

Comment

• no rotator option

Comment

• Please follow this guide to update to the most recent FW which has that option and more other new features.

https://nodalninja.com/Manuals/MECHA..._C1E_020XX.pdf

1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• there appears to be an update but when updating it saves a backup but then returns no update found?? the update then stops and I remain on 01485

Comment

• Please try to update again, after update you'll need to upload back the downloaded file
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• ok. all updated and now the rotator is set. thanks

Comment

• Is there a way to tighten up the slack in the gears on the E2. I estimate there's about a 3-4 degree movement back and forth. As you carry it around on the tripod it flops back and forth

Comment

• Please tighten this little screw until E2 has no play, but not over tight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e2_silver_screw_forum.png
Views:	75
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	31270
                  1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• proper tension is your fingers can still push/pull the rotator with gentle grabbing while it will not move when you shake the tripod gently. backlash should be smaller than your estimate.
                    nick
                    Fanotec
                    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

• I'm receiving reports about unstable connection when MECHAs are paired.

If that happens,
                      when starting H MECHA, please press short [1] at -=-=-=-=

connect to H MECHA SSID

and access
                      192.168.8.1/config
                      using
                      admin
                      Mecha

as credentials
                      and set default mode to AP

after that click [Apply] restart both MECHAs

I'm investigating this issue while I'm not able to reproduce, something is there as are two reports so far..

Sorry for the troubles,
                      Dorin

1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• I think this issue is sorted out now.

--------------------8<-----------------------------------------------------

C1E_02056

Optimizations in AP+STA mode.
                        When MECHA is in AP+STA mode and the connection to SSID cannot be maintained or the SSID isn't available, it will automatically switch to AP only until reboot.
                        The time of automatic scanning (LEDs lit animated up and down) of a needed and missing SSID is reduced to:
                        10 seconds automatic at start.
                        30 seconds before updating via codes.
                        1 minute when connecting to a new SSID from UI.
                        These times allows the starting an hot-spot, if needed.
                        The scanning stops immediate when the SSID is found or the power button is pressed.

Optimizations at FW update.
                        When updating, MECHA will try silently to connect to the last SSID was connected to,
                        in both AP and AP+STA mode, only if it fails it will ask for connection to an Internet enabled SSID to perform the update.

--------------------8<--------------------------------------------------
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• Here I am, I'm experiencing disconnection issues, if I put H mecha in AP only it does not pair with V mecha. Background: I'm controlling the 2 axis mecha with a Nexus 5X android phone, connecting to the mecha directly. Now I installed 02061, seems working but not completely sure I'll go out testing today too.
                          Luca Vascon.

officinepanottiche.com
                          -- o --
                          I Void Warranties!

Comment

• Yes, 02061 is better regarding this, provided
                            H MECHA has its SSID Name as MECHA-H-DAC
                            and
                            V MECHA has is SSID Name as MECHA-V-DAC
                            ( you can change DAC with other text keeping the same in both)
                            and both have the same password,
                            If they are paired, changing the SSID name and password in H MECHA's /config then [Apply] will automatically change accordingly in V MECHA
                            Actually just clicking on [Apply] is enough to have the SSID names and pass in sync.

At each start they will pair together,
                            pressing short the power button of MECHAs when idle, it will lit the LEDs - = after 10 seconds,
                            that is just a button recheck that they are connected.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• Still have the problem but I do have a workaround:
                              SHUTTING DOWN MOBILE DATA.
                              Looks like an issue spread in a lot of things, some 360 camera too. Looks like when you are connected with mobile data the phone is looking to mecha IP OUTSIDE MECHA. I had the same problem when making a small server to serve panoramic contents to visitors of en exhibition (unpaid job) it's a part of tech I do not even have the right words to use in order to ask for help. (wifi, dns, ips all this stuff) I'd really like to unnderstand at least in theory what's going wrong

02061:
                              Now one wonderful thing is that when I tell one mecha to power off they both do.
                              Luca Vascon.

officinepanottiche.com
                              -- o --
                              I Void Warranties!

Comment

• Thank you for feedback, really appreciate it!

Just want to mention another way to use MECHA,
                                could be obvious but worth mention it for the cases when one uses MECHA mostly with a phone.

Suppose an android phone which have set an hot-spot "MECHA-PHONE" but disabled for the moment.
                                and that gives 192.168.43.xxx address to its clients

1) Start MECHAs and say they are automatically paired - =
                                2) Connect with phone to H MECHA /config then set it in STA mode and enter these values for static IP
                                3) Tap on [Apply]
                                4) Switch to config of V MECHA (bottom of page)
                                5) Set it in STA mode and enter these values for static IP
                                6) Tap on [Apply]
                                7) Tap on [Connect to Wi-Fi ] and enter MECHA-PHONE and the required password
                                8) Switch to config of H MECHA (bottom of page)
                                9) Tap on [Connect to Wi-Fi ] and enter MECHA-PHONE and the required password
                                10) Start MECHA-PHONE hot-spot

MECHAs should connect to MECHA-PHONE after a little while

As result

We have MECHAs connected to a SSID with Internet access, provided 3g, 4g so on..
                                the pairing is not automatically established after power up but
                                can be started with
                                1212< on H MECHA
                                then confirmed with
                                12< on V MECHA,
                                it enables download from server of the presets , updates and, use of the phones for Internet browsing as regular.

MECHA-H-DAC will be accessible always at 192.168.43.101
                                and
                                MECHA-V-DAC will be accessible always at 192.168.43.102

Only need to care is to have MECHA-PHONE hot-spot ON when powering up MECHAs and to be maintained on
                                during MECHA use, e.g. disable any automatic turn-OFF of hot-spot on phone.
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X