Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still confusing because you think hardware buttons on device and buttons on UI must have same functions but they don't have to.

If you stand behind the mecha using your smartphone and turn to the left with the UI everything is clear. But if you look on the mechas hardware buttons and press the right button you'd expect to move in that direction. (Photo: Right (Red coloured) button currently moves mecha in the direction of the green circle. This should be switched.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mecha turning confusion.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	30843

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
    Hope there is no confusion about this anymore, as this prevents this hypothetical quote

Comment

Yes, that's the way it works, the buttons rotates camera's view to left or to right, will be an option to switch if you want.

Not sure if the accessories are available for sale yet or when, MECHA should be possible to be mounted with the buttons toward the photographer, at least my MECHA is so, that makes this more intuitive and easier to realize that buttons rotates the camera's view

Sorry that I cannot explain more on this subject, other than
      even button presets should match the UI, when you test the preset in UI with [Right] then save it for button [1]

the preset will be launched to right by pressing 1 and then ..well.. right.. [>]
      Hope you understand now :)

L.E.

I'll try to add that option today, if I manage to finish the stuff I'm working right now on,
      though is not a promise ..
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I'll try to add that option today, if I manage to finish the stuff I'm working right now on,
        though is not a promise ..
        Too tired to have that in 01473 but will be in 01474 for sure.
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

No hurry, i'll stop testing my mecha for a while, just looking in the forum from time to time... Although not tested yet i like the export of presets :-)

Comment

Originally posted by msimons View Post
            Although not tested yet i like the export of presets :-)
            me too :)

You'll love MECHA much more
            one can have
            "Fifty Shades of Presets" exported in a file,
            import other set at once,
            delete all in a split, sky is the limit now :)

1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Too tired to have that in 01473 but will be in 01474 for sure.
              is up now

-------8<------------------------------------------------

C1E_01474
              Added in /config page
              [x] Switch the Left - Right rotation when done by MECHA buttons.
              If the option is not ticked (default) the rotation sense matches the rotation from UI, as before.
              This affects only the adjustments of the orientation using [<] and [>] buttons of MECHA.
              It has no effect on codes, power codes nor on button presets.

Added support for "Bulb" mode on for cameras with this feature:
              If modifier starts with "B",
              like B2EV or B-2EV or B1 or
              or B1,0.03,0.06,0.13,0.25,0.50,2,4,8,16,32
              or My AEB;B1,0.03,0.06,0.13,0.25,0.50,2,4,8,16,32
              MECHA will assume "bulb" mode and the time shutter is closed is the one computed, or entered.
              If there is not "B" MECHA will assume "regular trigger" mode and the minimum time shutter is closed
              is 0.25 sec. just like the way one will press on camera's button.

--------8<------------------------------------------------
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thank you :-)

Comment

I tested entering fixed values i.e. for "W" and "B" and the according fields were displayed in grey color. But the value in the grey field does not match the value i entered for the fixed value (Entered was "1" and displayed was "0").

Wouldn't it be better if the predefined value woud be visible here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-26 um 15.06.12 PM.png
Views:	118
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	30928Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-26 um 15.06.42 PM.png
Views:	96
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	30929

Comment

I'll add fixed values near to the one in the presets, the idea was that the fixed value is one for all MECHA and the presets values can be as many as the presets, also a preset made with a value might mean that is the recommended value by the author of the preset.
                    ATM on gray are the preset or selected values.

I'll add the fixed too (like 6>9 RPM which will mean 6 is selected but 9 used, smth. like that)
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

It's up in C1E_02031, is better as it shows what value is used actually and what the preset has/saved or can be saved,
                      have positive info when are presets ex-changed or downloaded from server, though on server I'll try put some safe presets, with low RPM,
                      so the RPM in presets from server are more as safety rather than recommend.
                      Anyway after a while the user will become expert in what speed looks good and sounds good
                      for the camera+lens he/she uses, and can adjust the presets or even set the RPM as fixed in /config

--------------8<--------------------------------------------------

C1E_02031

For the fixed settings in /config the value shown in UI will have " > " added and the fixed value
                      e.g. [ 6 RPM > 9 ] which will mean the value selected is 6 RPM
                      but MECHA will use 9 RPM because 9 is set as fixed value for RPM in /config.

--------------8<--------------------------------------------------
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Suggestions for dual axis control.

When giga pixel panorama shooting or TimeLapse shooting, you will need a UI that allows you to preview the final position of the specified angle (H MECHA and V MECHA).

For TimeLapse shots with many cuts, if the UI shows the estimated time required for shooting, you can set it quickly.

Comment

How about an option to define the lens attached and whether the camera is horizontal or vertical, crop of full frame, then rotate the Mecha to a starting point, set that position as the starting point, then move the Mecha to the finishing point and set that point as the finishing point and then have the software calculate the correct amount of stops to create the panorama.
                          EG. 90mm lens, full frame, vertical, set starting point (0 degrees). move to set finishing point (120 degrees). software calculates it needs to have 12 stops at 10 degrees apart. Go

Comment

A couple of ways will be available in future FW update,
                            1) by entering the lens data, crop factor, so on, if users knows them or have them from others.
                            2) a slow movement of MECHA to left, and to up until the user press a button when see a feature centered at start of the movement
                            coming out from live view, that will tell MECHA the angle of lens sensor combo, without entering any data, good also for zoom lens and lens used with adapters.

from both (1) and (2) MECHA will compute the shots needed
                            and sure will use the start and end to compute the panorama angle as well.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

There seems to be an error with the wait/rewind function. the rewind works, be when using wait, once the last image is completed the unit advances. Therefore if you do 3x left, it actually goes 4, so if you then do 3x right, the images are out of sync due to the extra advance. SO if I do 3x left, then manully rotate the upper arm to do the next row and go 3x right, my frames are out of sync.

Also the modifier of exposure. which cameras does this function work with? It does not appear to work with the Sony a7r2 or a7r3

Comment

[ x LEFT ] shots and moves, was not meant to be used like [ x LEFT ] then [ x RIGHT ] and remain in sync.

However, MECHA allows you to achieve want you want
                                please change [ Single ] to [ Scripted ]
                                then enter in the text box below this

S3^>,^

that will mean, in internal S language, after the 3rd shoot the movement to be 0
                                Then you can click on [ x LEFT] then [ x RIGHT ] and shots should remain in sync.
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X