Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I have the Mecha E2. What is available or coming soon for the upper Mecha rotator? I got my E2 yesterday and would be nice to automate the upper rotator also. I'm using a NN6

Comment

For NN3 ..NN4 two MECHAs can be used wireless connected in a dual axis combo a.k.a MECHA DAC ,
      This seems that will be available for NN6 as well,

------8<-----------------------------------------------------

The motorized rotator head will support up to 8.8bs (4kg), including panohead. For use with NN4/5, NN6, M1/M2, R1, R10, RS2, (heads sold separately) and dual camera stereo setups. Mecha is lightweight, quiet and power efficient. Together with the Single Axis Controller C1 (F9910), it automates the panning axis of Nodal Ninja heads. Two sets of this bundle together with some custom parts (coming soon) can form a motorized pan and tilt head for multi-row application.

------8<-----------------------------------------------------

Please contact the dealer from you purchased E2, maybe there are the parts needed for MECHA DAC for NN6 available already.

This modular approach has many advantages as you can use MECHA either single (single row, turntable, so on) or combined.
      So having two E2 or E2 + E1 it will have value now and even more later,
      when other new accessories for mounting the rotators for multiple axis and rails will be available.

1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Quiet beep:

Can the quiet beep (or one of the other possibilities) be made to be saved as constantly on? At least when the UI is loaded?

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post
          Quiet beep:

Can the quiet beep (or one of the other possibilities) be made to be saved as constantly on? At least when the UI is loaded?

Frank
          This setting is saved with UI preset. Just click [SAVE] in the UI after you changed it. Each page of Ring and Row has separate preset.
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Every preset can have it's own beep setting, even for buttons, say you can have quiet/mute beep preset for church interiors and loud for outdoors, the level is saved along with other setting in preset.

For many settings there is possibility to set them as fixed, that's includes beep, which mean regarding of what preset have, the fixed value has priority.

In /config there is [Set Buzzer PWM] please enter a value 0.. 128.. 255 near that and test,
            1 or 2 will be quiet
            Once you have the value you're happy with you can set it in BEEP [ ] above as fixed settings then [Apply]

the value is not quite linear, also depends on person how loud is it,
            the beep is only meant to confirm with some audio, more like a click.

Usually I have V MECHA with beep set to 0 (mute), as a matter of personal preference.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hi Dorin.

Question about AUX port.

If you are shorting the aux port, the shutter signal is being pressed.
              I would like to be able to select the function of the aux port in "config".
              Can I choose "PAUSE", "Cancel" or "STOP"?

Comment

That will be added soon, good for other application as well like shooting on pole with manual rotation and tilt only by MECHA.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hi Dorin.
                  It is being used by connecting a switch to the AUX terminal.
                  The current function is the "Pause" function, but I would like to be able to change it to the "STOP" function like pressing the "Power" button.
                  This can be useful when a sudden malfunction occurs.
                  "Pause" works only when one process has finished, which is difficult when it requires a sudden stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Venti View Post
                    Hi Dorin.
                    It is being used by connecting a switch to the AUX terminal.
                    The current function is the "Pause" function, but I would like to be able to change it to the "STOP" function like pressing the "Power" button.
                    This can be useful when a sudden malfunction occurs.
                    "Pause" works only when one process has finished, which is difficult when it requires a sudden stop.
                    Hi Dorin.

Is it difficult to change the "Pause" function to the "Stop" function in the AUX terminal?

Comment

In /config of H MECHA

Click image for larger version

Name:	AUX_Stop.png
Views:	40
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	31837

then [Apply] then power OFF and power ON MECHA
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                        In /config of H MECHA

Click image for larger version

Name:	AUX_Stop.png
Views:	40
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	31837

then [Apply] then power OFF and power ON MECHA
                        E1 Can the motor stop running immediately after receiving a signal?

After setting "6 = 1S," will it work if you connect No. 1 and No. 4 of the 4 plug?

Comment

Yes it will stop.

Please update to C1E_02080
                          I addressed the emergency stop in some cases,
                          that also affects the commands received from AUX port
                          1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                            Yes it will stop.

Please update to C1E_02080
                            I addressed the emergency stop in some cases,
                            that also affects the commands received from AUX port
                            Can't it be stopped when the button is pressed?
                            It stops the moment you press and release the button.

Comment

I'll add this, say, in 1-2 hours.
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Starting with C1E_02081
                                you can have

6 = 0S,

and will stop immediately after pressing the button or signal is detected on S,
                                thus it will not wait to see how many pulses are made on S.

-------------8<-------------------------------------

C1E_02081

Added in Custom Protocol in AUX Port zero values, like 4=0S,5=0A,
                                the command will be interpreted instantly, without counting pulses.
                                4=0S,5=0A, will allow rotating MECHA to left or to right just like pressing the [<] and [>] button
                                4=0S,5=0A,6=0A0S, will have in addition stop/power button, if both A and S are detected
                                There can be combinations like 3=3A0S, provided there is no 0A in the protocol description
                                which will have priority and will not let 3A to occur.

-------------8<-------------------------------------
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X