• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
    Starting with C1E_02081
    you can have

6 = 0S,

and will stop immediately after pressing the button or signal is detected on S,
    thus it will not wait to see how many pulses are made on S.

-------------8<-------------------------------------

C1E_02081

Added in Custom Protocol in AUX Port zero values, like 4=0S,5=0A,
    the command will be interpreted instantly, without counting pulses.
    4=0S,5=0A, will allow rotating MECHA to left or to right just like pressing the [<] and [>] button
    4=0S,5=0A,6=0A0S, will have in addition stop/power button, if both A and S are detected
    There can be combinations like 3=3A0S, provided there is no 0A in the protocol description
    which will have priority and will not let 3A to occur.

-------------8<-------------------------------------
    Thank you Dorin

Now I am glad that I can connect the sensor to the AUX port.

Comment

When can we expect to see some automation with the mecha?
      At the moment I need to be a scientist to program the rotations angles degrees of scene lens camera which is great if you are that way inclined. It does not excite me to learn S script to program it myself. What if we want to just be creative and I want to start my pano here and finish it here, this is the lens I'm using, now mecha go make it happen!

Ok Presets are great. work it out once and then repeat. But not all scenes are the same, some happen with only moments to capture and if I can just set a start point finish point and allow the device to do the calculations and the technical work for me then the mecha works for me and I not for it. If I have to tell the mecha everything then the advantages become deminished, my thoughts are more about the technical mechanics of setting the device rather than how I want to interpret the scene before me.

My thoughts here are only my own perception and how I wish I could use the mecha. This may not be necessary or important for everyone who uses these devices but there must be others who could find this option an advantage.

So when can we expect to see some automation with the mecha for non-technical creatives?

Comment

Next in line and what I'm working hard right now is the raw interface for MECHA, that will allow mainly two things for that

1) third party app will be able to send commands to MECHA, thus if there are app one are more familiar with and uses before that app can add support for MECHA and some might have what you ask for already, MECHA will have what yoou ask for at some point negatively as well.

2) for specific situations, specific interfaces can be done, while those interfaces might be need to done by web/technically inclined people, the result can be used by others.
        I cannot wait to use raw interface myself for very specific applications in journalistic VR, might not be anyone interested for but who will, will use and appreciate for sure.

As when..I'm behind the deadline I said for this so ASAP will not be soon enough, as I said, working hard.
        The delay was caused by bug fixes and some support for easy scripting and the synch with MECHA dual axis controller (both will use the same raw interface)
        which turn out to require to be done first.

FWIW, this is the simplest way so far to tell MECHA a particular pattern.

-------------------------8<---------------------------------------------------

C2E_02090..91
        Added a simple form of scripting to specify a spherical panorama.
        e.g. for 50mm on FF a panorama can be covered by
        1 row at 75 deg, made of 5 shots
        1 row at 50 deg, made of 11 shots
        1 row at 25 deg, made of 16 shots
        1 row at 0 deg, made of 17 shots
        1 row at -25 deg, made of 16 shots
        1 row at -50 deg, made of 11 shots
        1 row at -75 deg, made of 5 shots
        this can be now scripted as
        SL,75x5,50x11,25x16,0x17,-25x16,-50x11,-75x5
        SL stands for Start (and end) in Level position
        SP, or SR can be used instead for Parked or Raised positions.
        If is need for Zenith or Nadir shot, they need to be added after SL,
        e.g. SL,Z,N, or SL,ZZ,NN, for one or two photos at 90 deg apart.
        e.g. SL,N,Z,75x5,50x11,25x16,0x17,-25x16,-50x11,-75x5

-------------------------8<---------------------------------------------------
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by mmilner View Post
          When can we expect to see some automation with the mecha?

...I can just set a start point finish point and allow the device to do the calculations and the technical work for me then the mecha works for me and I not for it. ...
          This also was one of my suggestions for an easier to understand user experience for non-spherical panoramas. Instead of using external pattern calculators in Excel or on web sites the Mecha should do this calculation on its own. Just give it the nedded parameters such as start point, finish point, FOV of the lens/camera combination, wished overlap and camera orientation.
          Obviously the formulas for calculating the resulting patterns already exist. Why not let Mecha compute this formulas instead of translating the results of an external calculator into complicated s-language which until know is nowhere documented so that one could really learn it. One has to search all over the forums to learn about the manifold possibilities. This search is already and will be way more a pain as soon as the forum gets more and more pages and content.

I don't understand the need for support of other apps. Just concentrate on the own user interface and make it user friendly.

Frank

Last edited by FrankD; May 19, 2020, 03:31 AM.

Comment

The wizard was supposed to do all the calculation for a shooting pattern, only the RAW interface was upped to higher priority,
            the reason was to give to other developers the time to adapt their apps for MECHA support, the users to be able the use their interface/wizard as well
            also promoting MECHA in the process, as result both MECHA own wizard and third party support will give to users a wider range of option to use MECHA, some will just use apps they already known.

Please consider keeping this thread for suggestion more than why not this and that,
            it simply will be not appropriate nor will be time to back with data all the decisions made for developing.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post

I don't understand the need for support of other apps. Just concentrate on the own user interface and make it user friendly.

Frank
              Think of MECHA and smart camera controllers working together to allow faster shooting, more complicated bracketing options.
              Think of using MECHA within motion control apps that had years of perfection.
              Third party support allows more developpers to work on different applications at the same time.
              Users will have more choice on the interface and control logic.

Nick
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

Comment

I hope not to be combative - either in this one nor my previous post. I made these suggestions (as thats what's in the title of this topic) because from my standpoint the direction the software is going ( a mecha user for the past 6 months) seems to suit the technically minded rather than the non-technical. I don't use the mecha for 360. Panos to me are images that are created to exceed the frame of my camera without have to resort to wide angle lenses, and for non 360 gigapixel imagery which is my main genre.

I just wanted to make a suggestion that no everyone using the mecha wants or needs or is technically minded to program or punch in a whole lot of data into multiple fields to make the mecha do its thing. I also didnt know where your vision is to take the software (thanks for the roadmap above :-) and I don't know if that has been explain or needs to be for that matter - Its your product. DorinDXN seems to be the only developer of the software which places a whole load of bias from a single viewpoint rather than an objective viewpoint from the wider community. I am only one but alternative suggestion may or may not led to better outcomes. I think waiting for 3rd party software is a long drawn out pipe dream as these device have been out for 2+ years now. I appreciate that there are plans which is great news. Of course my suggestions are selfish as it makes it better for me and maybe for others, but definitely not for everyone. I am only one voice. I will patiently wait

Comment

A "simple" program many people ask for is just s skin of complex tasks behind the scene. Nothing simple is possible without the complex technical parts. It is easy to have a sophisticated program to do the simple tasks while asking simple program to do complex tasks will require complete rewrite of the program. Good news is we have most of the sophisticated part well done already. In next 2 months, we expect another milestone in the firmware development.

Nick
                  Fanotec
                  We listen. We try harder.

Comment

MECHA is now just like a breadboard, you can see all the wires and switch some or ask me to switch some and I'll do and you can have a script pattern for any full or partial panorama even with complex and special requirements, you can learn something only if you want to change something but soon this will not be required.

As Nick said, a milestone is coming I don't want to tell you how simple MECHA will be to use because chances are you don't believe me unless you know me personally, but this is not important.

I'm for easy things, automatic things, in my journalistic VR set-up I had a single button for power save of the battery and an earpiece to hear what the computer said about the pano currently being live and we talking about 2 x Canon 350D with 2 Sigmas 8 mm (3D) on up to 6 meter height (yes, that's old, some panos are that old too), I'll not give photos as I did before, was bad luck.

As for mmilner suggestions and use, MECHA will be a simple as, say, framing the left-bottom corner and then top-right corner,
                    no data to be entered, no settings to be entered as long as you know your camera you'll be good, MECHA will just help you to have that photo taken and will go as far as move camera in process only if needed, but don't worry you'll be in charge, if you'll want to go back to some portion or wait something or stage something or experiment something will be your call, you'll be the master and you will be able to focus on scene rather than on that thing, what is called again? MECHA

What if you will not have MECHA in hands? you'll be able to use it before having it, getting it after you know it, if you prefer in that way.

Wait.. what I'f you don't know your camera? Then MECHA will know some for you and will never go tired in learning new ones and new apps and new applications, to anything that can moves, shoot, film, light, turn, slide, go up and down.. and deep .. and above..

thanks for posts
                    stay safe!
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I am excited to see what the future has in store for the MECHA. Thanks for considering the suggestions made by everyone on this topic

Comment

Working...
                      X