...program / how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...program / how to?

90% of my workflow is a 3-set bracket 4-round single row but out of habit I always fire off a test shot with a grey card in shot. Not only does this help setting the white balance, but I find this a very helpful visual aid in Lr batching up each pano set for Enfuse plugin. So, question is: can I program the E1 to capture position 1 twice before rotating to position 2, etc so the first capture will have the grey card in.....?
    Last edited by stalwart; December 5th, 2019, 12:19 PM.

There are couple of ways for doing this in UI, using either [SHOOT] button or UP in gesture mode, that will give you as many extra shoots in any position you want,

but I guess you want to have it programmed on MECHA's button without UI.

Using only buttons, one trick is to select [5 Shots] around, then change the 72° automatically computed, to 90°.
    then [Save 1] to assign it to button [1] of MECHA,
    Once saved, if you press [1] then [<] or [>] it will make a pano 90° apart with 5 shoots, 1 and 5 will be in the same position, you can have grey card in either 1 or 5.

1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Just coming back to this thread I posted back in December, and have some dev. time to now spend on the MECHA. I am struggling to get something as simple as bracketing to work using a 6D in A3 Ring setting. Do I set the camera to AEB -2/0/+2 or let the UI do this and leave the camera as single exposire? I've tried various options but no luck! So, do I set IMG to 3 / M (Modifier of Exposure) to M:2EV or Cusom?

Comment

When is [ 1 IMG ] in MECHA UI, MECHA will trigger the camera button once, just like you press the button of camera.

If you set camera to take 3 shots at one press of the shutter button, then in MECHA please let the settings at [1 IMG ]

If the settings in camera requires 3 press of the shutter button to take those 3 shoots in bracketing then is need to have [ 3 IMG ] set in MECHA UI.

Now about timing,

If in MECHA is [1 IMG ] may be need for some delay after shutter for camera to have time to take those 3 shots after a single trigger, say A: 1 sec or so, or
        have E: 0.5 or E:1 sec.

if you have [ 3 IMG ] in MECHA UI and want MECHA to have the same "press" for each trigger you can let M:1 and say E:0.25 or E:1s.

If you want MECHA to have different time for each shutter trigger you can have M:-2EV and set E:0.25 or the exposure time set in camera.

Please ask for more info if needed.

1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hello,

I'm new here to the forum. My Dual Axis Nodal Ninja3 Mk3 Mecha just arrived 4 days ago.
          First I have to say that the UI is not very intuitiv to use. Even the info toggle doesn't help as much as I would need as a beginner.

After I tried during the first two days to get familiar with the UI an was able to succesfull update the firmware and getting the pairing to work I now try to also get the camera controlled to do my first panos.

What I want to achieve is as follows.
          Canon EOS M5 with 60mm lens attached. I don't always want to shoot a 360 pano but a pano with a field of view of lets say 90 degrees shot in 3 rows.
          I want to cnfigure the Mechas such that the vertical shots are done before rotating the camera to its next horizontal position. If possible this should ideally be done in a zig zig line. Reason:
          During sunset or sunrise you must be fast with rotating to the next position as light changes quite rapidly. So I want to avoid that the second vertical shot only begins after the first row in horizontal direction finishes. And I want to avoid time for rotations as much as possible.
          Not only do I struggle with this but also do I not understand how I get the horizontal and vertical movements to work with the press of just one button assuming that I worked out a script for my purpose which I'm also struggling with.
          When I have done the math correct I should use the following degree steps with approx. 30% overlap between the frames:
          2 times 14 degree in vertical direction (3 shots)
          9 times 9 degree in horizontal direction (10 shots)

How can I program this that it will run with the press of one button after programming is finished?

I do not like the idea to depend on another person here in the form to get a setup worked out for me which I can load into the Mechas. I want to be able to this on my own.

What is this S-language? Is there somewhere a documentation? Do I need this for my purposes?

Too much aapreveations used here in the forum which I do not understand as I'm not a native english speaker (I am from Germany). Please don't use too much appreviations.

I would like to see a UI where I only tell the wished FOV of the resulting pano, the used lens, the overlap and the number of rows. The rest will be calculated by the Mecha. Or even better tell the Mecha the used lens and teach him the most extreme positions of the pano (upper left corner/lower right corner).

Frank
          Last edited by FrankD; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post
            Hello,

I do not like the idea to depend on another person here in the form to get a setup worked out for me which I can load into the Mechas. I want to be able to this on my own.

Hello Frank,

Congrats for the MECHAs.

I fully agree, is difficult for me as weel as I'm doing this support in my free time.

The only way to help you, in a way without depending on me ATM is to wait until the User Guide is finished and published.
            Working hard to have it published ASAP.

best regards,
            Dorin

1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post
              Hello,

What I want to achieve is as follows.
              Canon EOS M5 with 60mm lens attached. I don't always want to shoot a 360 pano but a pano with a field of view of lets say 90 degrees shot in 3 rows.
              I want to cnfigure the Mechas such that the vertical shots are done before rotating the camera to its next horizontal position. If possible this should ideally be done in a zig zig line. Reason:
              During sunset or sunrise you must be fast with rotating to the next position as light changes quite rapidly. So I want to avoid that the second vertical shot only begins after the first row in horizontal direction finishes. And I want to avoid time for rotations as much as possible.
              Not only do I struggle with this but also do I not understand how I get the horizontal and vertical movements to work with the press of just one button assuming that I worked out a script for my purpose which I'm also struggling with.
              When I have done the math correct I should use the following degree steps with approx. 30% overlap between the frames:
              2 times 14 degree in vertical direction (3 shots)
              9 times 9 degree in horizontal direction (10 shots)

How can I program this that it will run with the press of one button after programming is finished?
              If one preset is made/downloaded/imported so on.
              Saving it with [Save 1] will assign that preset to button [1] of MECHA,
              meaning if you press button [1] then [>] will start the pano sequence to right, clockwise, the same for [1] then [<] for counterclockwise sense, and the same for [Save 2] and button [2] .. [Save 3] and button [3]

Even more than three presets can be assigned to buttons, if a preset start with 0123 in its name, pressing
              [power] then [1] [2] [3] and [>] with launch that preset to right, in this way you can have dozen of presets ready to be launched even without using the UI.

I started a thread where I'll provide presets for any PTGui file, in this way we can use a language we both know at this moment, the PTGui file will represent a pattern you want and I'll be happy to translate it tint a preset,
              you'll be able to do as well using the upcoming wizard.

The S language is one of the internal languages MECHA uses and is quite simple except when want to describe complicated things.

People will ask pretty complicated patterns from MECHA which is great because one mostly need a robot when the movement are not only like turn/up/turn/up/rewind..that can be done manually as well.

Once you have your preset for your PTGui file you only need to understand few things in that little S language which might be in preset, like 90 degrees instead of 180 or only 24 shoots instead of 72 for a partial pano, to customize further for your needs, then you can exchange that preset with other MECHA users or import one from others.

Dorin

1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hi Dorin,

thank you for your quick response.

I do use PTGui, but I'm not much experienced in other things than stitching my 360 spheres.
                For providing such a PTGui file to you, do I need to do such a pano one time manual and stitch it with PTGui? Or is there another workaround in PTGui with giving it the data of the lens/camera combi I want to use?

At the moment this is all a very steep learning curve for getting a first succesful pano.

Just another two things:
                the on button: I do not see the need for pressing it for 3-4 sec to switch the Mecha on. 2 sec should be more than sufficient if the reason for this long press is to avoid accidentally switch on of Mecha.
                blinkon code of LEDs: what does fast blinking of two LEDs mean? During this blinking I'm not able to command any movements to the respective Mecha.

Comment

Fast blinking both LEDs happens only on H MECHA (the horizontal one) when waits for V MECHA (the vertical one) to finish a movement from a dual axis pano.
                  It accepts no commands except power button for cancel or in UI, [Stop]
                  I'm working on a FW update to be available today (a long today) which will show the LEDs for pairing more often and in various modes of Wi-Fi connections.

If you start both MECHA and they are successfully paired, you'll see
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	DAC_Paired.png Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	31308

now if you enter this code on H MECHA using MECHA buttons
                  1313>
                  MECHA will make a test pano starting and ending in Level position

and if you enter

1312>
                  MECHA will make a test pano starting and ending in Parked position

Click image for larger version  Name:	DAC_Positions_Forum.png Views:	0 Size:	127.2 KB ID:	31309

Please test them without camera mounted first.

For presets request you can use PTGui or describe in other way how the shooting pattern should be,
                  which way is most easy for you.

1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                    Fast blinking both LEDs happens only on H MECHA (the horizontal one) when waits for V MECHA (the vertical one) to finish a movement
                    I made another experience. How can it happen that in my setup the V Mecha shows fast blinking of two LEDs?

I am using two tabs in my Firefox Browser for each H Mecha and V Mecha to switch faster between the two.
                    I did the following
                    V Mecha tab:
                    3 shots 45 degrees apart
                    Dual mode -> 192.168.8.1 for the H Mecha with -30,-30,-30
                    repeat 4*1sec

H Mecha
                    4 shots -30 degrees apart

Started that with 3*left on V Mecha tab.

The movement started on the V Mecha with three shots 45 degrees apart and rewind to start position. The H Mecha moved 30 degrees than it stuck in the two LEDs blinking mode with no further movement.

What I'm doing wrong?

Frank

Comment

Please follow these steps

1) power Of and ON both MECHA and wait until all LEDs goes OFF
                      2) on the lower MECHA (that will be H MECHA) press
                      [power] then after 1 second, press 1231231 you'll hear beeps when pressing then press [>]
                      (that is 01231231> code , power stands for 0,
                      the code needs to be entered exactly the same on the other MECHA as well, in the following)
                      3) after a while you'll hear 5 beeps
                      4) on the upper MECHA (that will be V MECHA) press
                      [power] then after 1 second, press 1231231 you'll hear beeps when pressing then press [>]
                      (the 01231231> code)
                      5) after 10 seconds you'll see 1 LED on H MECHA and 2 LEDs on V MECHA like in the picture above
                      6) on H MECHA using H MECHA buttons
                      enter this code 1313>
                      MECHA will make a test pano starting and ending in Level position.

Now MECHAs are automatically paired at start, every time you power them ON

You can access H MECHA if connect to
                      SSID MECHA-H123
                      using
                      password
                      and browse to 192.168.8.1/row

please let me know if the test is done with success

Note that H MECHA is the one down, horizontal, the one who blinks in your video (thank you for the video)
                      will be V MECHA, all the commands for dual axis are done on H MECHA.
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hello Dorin,

I managed to get the Mechas paired with the manual process described in the pairing documentation. My Mechas do pair on start and have their original SSIDs. One disadvantage I see here is that the V Mecha doesn't necessarily get the same IP adress each time they pair. Most of the times it is 192.168.8.2 or *.3. I also had *.100 and *.200 as IP for the V Mecha. Disadvantage because I can't use the V Mecha IP as a fav in my browser.
                        The 1313> code test works great.

I will try your method described above as well.

I thought I could try to shoot my vertical shoots first before rotating the H Mecha to its next position (as described in my shooting scenario in my first post (sunrise/sunset) when I use the V Mecha tab as "commander".

How would I do this from H Mecha?

1. first shot at top most corner of the pano
                        2. move V Mecha yy degrees down -> shoot (repeat 2 times for three rows)
                        3. move H Mecha xx degrees (right/left) - shoot
                        4. move V Mecha yy degrees up (repeat 2 times)
                        5. move H Mecha xx degrees to next position - shoot
                        6. move V Mecha yy degrees down - shoot (repeat 2 times)
                        finish pano

My idea would be to tell the physical V Mecha to be the logical H Mecha and the physical H Mech to be the logical V Mecha ( V Mecha would get the SSID MECHA-H123) or is there a better way to do this?

kind regards and many thanks for your patience with me and my questions. I appriciate very much the work you do.

Frank
                        Last edited by FrankD; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

You had a good idea to have Vertical MECHA as commander, can be more efficient for certain shooting pattern.

I'll make two presets for the same shooting pattern, one with H MECHA as commander the other with V MECHA,
                          They will be ready tomorrow, as today l have to work still on FW update having better and clear pairing status shown on LEDs

1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thank you Dorin,

I'm looking forward to both the FW update as well as the two presets.

Frank

Comment

Hello Frank,

First is recommended to update to the latest FW C1E_02053 as is more flexible and tolerant regarding pairing in different Wi-Fi modes, and also a fast flashing issue was addressed which may interfere with DAC_presets in some cases.

Please unpack this archive
                              DAC_V_Commander_2.zip
                              ZIP pass: Mecha
                              and import DAC_V_Commander_2.mps in real V MECHA
                              using [ Import ] button in UI, then select and load the preset with [Load] and you can save it wit the desired name with [Save]

then pair V MECHA as logic H MECHA in the way you know or use
                              1212< on real V MECHA then 12< on real H MECHA,
                              the LEDs will look reversed with 1 LED ON on V MECHA and 2 LEDs ON on H MECHA

Be sure MECHA V is in Level position
                              then launch the preset use [ 72 x Right ] button on UI of real V MECHA, for testing.

Is important right now is the way which MECHAs will move is close to what you want, not the speed or other aspects.

For regular H MECHA as real H MECHA there are on server two presets,
                              ( available via [More from Server..] in Prestes List, provided MECHA has Internet connection)
                              which might interest you as well,
                              those with "Square" in name. (you can enter Square in the search box)
                              Please test them and see if those are close to what you want.
                              These need to be loaded and executed on real H MECHA

Attached Files
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                              X