Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Then you went to the new gen straight away, to C1E_020.. and up..
    I like you :)

BTW, don't forget to restore the data after you went from C1E_014.. to C1E_020..

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    Anyway, the -029 has the C1E_01485 FW now, and from server side seems that has updated OK,
    It looks somehow that has another MECHA connected to it and was updated with 3212312< code which is correct for dual axis combo..
    not sure about that, until you confirm if that is the case

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    If the MECHAs are automatically connected (i.e. dual axis combo),
    it could take more time, up to 4 minutes..if both MECHAs are updated at once

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    MECHA ending in -29 is updating now..

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    I'll need some more info about.

" ! " means no internet available or MECHA is in AP mode
    Please connect to MECHA SSID, any available
    then browse to
    192.168.8.1/new
    then click on [Update]
    it will ask to enter a SSID name and pass to a Wi-Fi with Internet access.
    Please enter then the SSID you have around and you use it for Internet.

Please let me know how it goes, I'll give quick answers

Leave a comment:

• Shigeru
    replied
    Hi Dorin, I'm in trouble and need your help. The firmware cannot be updated from C1E_01453. The update stops with an error (LED shows exclamation mark). Please tell me how to deal with it. The same phenomenon occurs in all three MECHAs I have. Thanks.
    Last edited by Shigeru; January 9, 2020, 01:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    replied
    No changes between C1E_01484 and C1E_02001,
    All the features from 1st gen will be kept on the new generation, so yes you'll be able to use both features from the old and the new as well.

Hitting the update button in C1E_01484 will update to V2 only if a restore data was performed since the power up, otherwise you'll receive no update found unless, there is 01485 with bug fixes for 1st gen.

By all means, is recommended to update to the new gen, no cons. one can see, only benefits :)
    unless, as I said, the features of C1E_01484 are enough, of course.

Leave a comment:

• msimons
    replied
    Will C1E_02001 look and act like the 1st generation and allow me to play with new features and use it the way it currently works or is everything new and it's more a developer-playground?

Will the initial update to C1E_02001 be only performed by the button-sequence (to prevent updating by accident) or would hitting the update-button in 01484 also update to v2?

Leave a comment:

• DorinDXN
    started a topic New Generation of FW for MECHA, starting with C1E_02001

New Generation of FW for MECHA, starting with C1E_02001

01484 -> 02001
    B
    ackupRestoreUpdateRestore

BRUR = bridal in Norvegian
    makes sense to start with bridal to bring a new generation to life, easy to remember :)
    if you don't know Norvegian you can use
    BRIDAL directly :)

BackupRestoreInternalDataAgainstLosing

----8<-------------------------------------------------

This seems to be an easier way in most cases, if MECHA is connected to Internet
    tested and works, though, be sure MECHA is running C1E_01484 or update to this first, as usual

1) access /config page of MECHA UI (admin/Mecha)
    2) click/tap on [Backup Data], a 'backup.mbk' file will be downloaded, please note where it goes in case you need to recall for the next step
    3) click/tap on [Restore Data] then browse to previously saved 'backup.mbk'
    now MECHA is sure you can restore the backed-up data so is safe to proceed to the actual update
    4) Enter 32123< code which is the code for update by using MECHA buttons
    [3][2][1][2][3][<]
    5) after MECHA finhishes the update and is ON again (1-2 min), refresh the UI /config in browser
    6) click/tap on [Restore Data] then browse to previously saved 'backup.mbk' and confirm
    7) the UI should reload and look as before, though is recommended to have a look and then power down then up again MECHA to be sure everything is OK

----8<-------------------------------------------------

Starting with FW C1E_02001 is a New Generation of FW for MECHA,

This will allow some very exciting features, only to pick some now..
    1) RAW interface will allow both
    a) third party app integration and control of MECHA
    and
    b) very flexible and simple way to have a custom interface, say if one uses only 5 buttons or 5 commands of MECHA will be able to make a simple interface with those 5 buttons by editing just a simple text file
    2) Wizards in couple of areas of settings, even a mega Wizard like the only Wizard you need to interact to have MECHA do what you want
    3) Instant communication between MECHAs in dual combo or larger team, in local network or over Internet, for both team photo/video work but also help from advanced specialized/users to beginners or just artists (less inclined to technical issues)
    4) Time line like programming of the movements/shoots, for both beginners and advanced users alike, the user will be like a director with precise control of what moves/how it moves and when it moves with support for both video and camera but also for other kind of devices, props, objects, lights which can benefit from rotation and translation, even toward rotation and translation of the barrel of the lens, for focus staking, zoom control and macro video/photography - sliding.
    5) More easy to use, I've read and noted all the suggestions, the good ones will be included, some very soon, some are already.

list to be continued..

C1E_02001 doesn't contain any of the above yet, but provides a larger storage available which is needed for the above to become available ASAP.

To be able to update MECHA to C1E_02001 you need first to update it to the latest FW of the 1st generation
    C1E_01484 ATM, the update procedure is a usual, just like before

then here, will be added the instructions of how to update to C1E_02001

to be edited further..

How to update from C1E_01484 to C1E_02001

Note: MECHA can be kept at C1E_01484, if the features in C1E_01484 are enough for production use, significant issues will be addressed if they arise, also the cosmetic ones, when time allows. i.e. will be C1E_01485 and further for fixes, if needed, the update procedure to those fixes will be just like before.

To update to C1E_02001, but first, be sure MECHA is running C1E_01484
    the easiest way
    1) access /config page of MECHA UI (admin/Mecha)
    2) click/tap on [Backup Data], a 'backup.mbk' file will be downloaded, please note where it goes in case you need to recall for the next step
    3) click/tap on [Restore Data] then browse to previously saved 'backup.mbk'
    now MECHA is sure you can restore the backed-up data so is safe to proceed to the actual update
    4a) if MECHA is connected to Internet, enter 32123< code which is the code for update by using MECHA buttons
    [3][2][1][2][3][<]
    the update will be performed as before, then go to 5)
    4b) if MECHA is not connected to Internet, access any UI page you used before for update and proceed to update as before.
    Do not power down MECHA , if do, please execute again the (1) .. (3) steps
    5) access the MECHA UI, like 192.168.8.1 or 192.168.1.100 as regular
    the UI will appear as a very simple restore page with just [Browse] and [Restore] buttons
    6) Click/tap on [Browse] then then browse to previously saved 'backup.mbk'
    7) click on [Restore] to restore data.
    8) the UI should restart and open as before, though is recommended to have a look and then power down then up again MECHA o be sure everything is OK

This shouldn't pose any problems, as the step involves the saving of data anyway, worst case scenario, if you're unable to restore data for whatever reasons
    you can either:
    1) send the backup.mbk file to me and I'll push in your MECHA from server side
    or
    2) some generic settings will be sent to your MECHA, close to (or the same as) how it came out from factory.

Opened to any questions, some particular security setting might require some changes of the steps above
    but I'll provide the guidance according with that particular case, we'll succeed :)

If using dual MECHA combo, please export data from both, prior updating to B1E_02001, and note which is which, to avoid any mix-up.

If in doubt, please ask here before to proceed to update.

Dorin
Working...
X