Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is fixed now, thank you for reporting the issue.

--------------8<-----------------------------------------

C1E_02100
    Addressed an issue causing MECHA to not return in initial position if the script ends with x2, as for two shots.

--------------8<-----------------------------------------
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thanks Dorin,

and

There was still a problem. When I shot with the script below, MECHA skipped the 10th cut of the 0° horizontal shot and Moving on to the next sequence. I repeated the test several times and the results were all the same.

”SL,0x10,52x8,90x1,-52x8,-90x2”

Sorry, that was a problem with my camera. I reset the camera and the problem went away.

Shigeru
      Last edited by Shigeru; June 20, 2020, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Cannot reproduce.
        Where is the camera connected to?
        is to Horizontal MECHA or to Vertical MECHA?
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hi Dorin,

Sorry, my bad.
          The release cable was connected to the camera's micro USB port.

I think there was a problem with my SONY a6300.
          The camera didn't execute the shooting sequence correctly and also changed the step exposure setting by itself in the middle of the sequence.
          This was a very strange phenomenon.

I initialized all the settings on that camera and it was fixed.
          And the MECHA C1E_02100 is working the way I want it to so far. Thanks a lot. :-)

Shigeru

Comment

You're welcome.

Glad that is working as it should.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hi Dorin,

Level starts from the front.

1. V-mecha: -10 degrees movement (without shooting).
              2. H-mecha: Move 80 degrees (without shooting).
              3. H-mecha: 5 shots taken at -40 degrees.
              4. V-mecha: Move 50 degrees
              5. H-mecha: 5 shots taken at 40 degrees.
              6. Return to the beginning of Level Front

I want to create a 10-cut panorama preset.

Comment

start with [11 x RIGHT]

S=0,1=-10_80,=_-40,4=50_0,=_40,3=,=0_-80

the script explained

S=0, start level
                1=-10_80, the first shoot is at -10V and 80H
                =_-40, next shoot is at -40H from the previous one
                4=50_0, do the same until the next 4th shoot which is at 50V and 0H from the previous one
                =_40, the next is at 40H from the previous one,
                =3, do the same for another 3 shoots
                =0_-80 ends at 0H and -80V from the previous one.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                  start with [11 x RIGHT]

S=0,1=-10_80,=_-40,4=50_0,=_40,3=,=0_-80

the script explained

S=0, start level
                  1=-10_80, the first shoot is at -10V and 80H
                  =_-40, next shoot is at -40H from the previous one
                  4=50_0, do the same until the next 4th shoot which is at 50V and 0H from the previous one
                  =_40, the next is at 40H from the previous one,
                  =3, do the same for another 3 shoots
                  =0_-80 ends at 0H and -80V from the previous one.

Thanks Dorin.

It's the pattern I wanted.

Comment

Hi Dorin,

is there a Repository / Library set up or is this something that is in the pipework for later for presets.

For instance FF, ASP-C, M43 then selected the focal length:- 8, 10, 12, 14,15,16, 24, 30, 35, 40, 50, 70, 85mm etc. then sequence. Top-Down (Starting from Park, go through Level and finishing at raised), Level -Top -Bottom ( start at level, top hemisphere, bottom hemisphere), Level - Bottom - Top, Bottom - Top (Strat raised, go through Level and finish at Park), Custom.

In the meantime is there a preset for FF 24mm, 50mm, and 70mm starting at Level?
                    Can the preset have the option for the mecha finish and pause at the raised (say 10 secs), while I manually adjust the Nodal ninja to rotate the camera to shoot the nadir, then shoot the nadir or continue shoot sequence. Or is this two different scripts.

Sorry if this has been covered, I'm new to this UI and scripting for row shooting - previously a ring shooter. Had the camera setup to shoot the brackets and only adjusted the E: for the different exposure times.

Brendon

Comment

Will be a wizard which will do just that, in a visual manner

in the mean time

Mecha needs to know what is the rotator position when starts a preset.
                      There are some conventions of MECHA positions
                      https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/mecha.pdf
                      Level, Parked and Raised.
                      to rotate from level to parked and back you can use this way
                      press [<] then short after pres [2] using buttons of MECHA V
                      in the opposite direction [>] followed by [2]
                      you can even change the default amount in config if you want.
                      [2] is for 90 [1] is fo 45 [3] is for 180
                      so from Parked to Level you 'll use >2 and <2

At page 32 there is the example 1

if you want Nadir and Zenith you can add it as
                      -90x1, and/or 90x1 resulting this script

SL,0x12,45x12,-45x12,-90x1,90x1

if you want pause before each row you can add a P like

SL,P0x12,P45x12,P-45x12,-90x1,90x1

or pause only before Nadir, Zenith

SL,0x12,45x12,-45x12,P-90x1,P90x1

when paused MECHA waits for button[>] to be pressed to continue, alternatively you can click on [PAUSE] in UI
                      or use MECHA IR remote, the support more features regarding IR is coming today

While there is not a repository yet, adapting the example 1 should be quite easy for a different focal length,
                      by changing the number of shots per row and the degrees of tilt for each row.
                      I'll finish the FW update today, then I'll post the presets you requested.
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thanks, Dorin.

I have to say that I downloaded the Manual when it was first released as a WIP but completely forgot that there was a sample. That's now my light reading for tonight.
                        Brendon

Comment

The manual was updated since then, please use the link above and will be an major update based on my experience on email support offered for MECHA, will be important changes and simplifications and clarifications, ETA 1 week.
                          In the mean time you can ignore the difficult part in the Manual, most likely there will the parts where the changes will be.
                          1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

From other thread, by Luca

-------8<--------------------------------

Hi Dorin! My wishes are for:
                            - 16mm fisheye, from parked position: wait 10s, make 2 zeniths at 60 degrees, then go -10degrees under horizon, shoot6 at 60 degrees, then two zeniths at 60 degrees, go back parked.
                            - 28mm rectilinear with kind of higher density than normal and AF before each shot. Always stating from parked.
                            In both cases I'd like to have the possibility to add a 15s wait before each shot. Even if I use lines to fix (don't know the name in English, boylines, buoylines, Italian is "cavi di controventatura") the pole wobbles, I need the cam to wait and stop.

-------8<--------------------------------

I'll post and explain the presets soon.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

This is the script for 1st one,
                              I didn't used the simple way of scripting because I'm not sure if is what you asked for

S=90,1=90,=_60,=-10_-60,=_60,5=-90,=_60,=90_-60

Click image for larger version  Name:	Luca_01.png Views:	0 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	32661

this does

from parked position: wait 10s, make 2 zeniths at 60 degrees, then go -10 degrees under horizon,
                              shoot 6 at 60 degrees, then two nadirs at 60 degrees, go back parked

you asked then two zeniths at 60 degrees, at the end.

Please test it and if indeed needs 2 zeniths at the end and/or other changes. please let me know

You need to select [Scripted] as in image, copy/paste the script there
                              B:10 is to set 10 seconds delay before each position, two LEDs will flash when that delay is in progress, you can change it to less for test and set it back to 10 or more in production,
                              you can use [Save 1] to assign this preset to button [1] of MECHA H or to other button , say [Save 2] for [2]

to rotate from parked to level and back, for histogram and what not, you can use [>][2] and [<][2]
                              of V MECHA

Assumed you use a recent FW

To launch the preset from UI, you can click on [RIGHT] top-right for pano clockwise or [LEFT] fo counter-clockwise.

Using H MECHA buttons, you can launch it with [1] then [>] for clockwise (assuming you assigned the preset to [1])
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hi Luca,

I managed to add the possibility to specify the degrees apart between the positions in a row in FW C1E_02115,
                                that opens the way to have your request scripted in the simple form,
                                which is more easy to understand and more close to photographer's thinking.

When you have time, let's settle this if indeed you want
                                two Zeniths then the horizontal row then again two Zeniths,
                                or you want Nadirs at the end.

Once settled it, I'll provide the easy way of scripting.

best regards,
                                Dorin

---------------------8<--------------------------

C1E_02115
                                I the simple form of scripting, added the possibility to specify the degrees apart from positions in a row
                                e.g. SL,0x6,90x1,-90x2
                                will take at the end two nadirs at 180 apart (computed from 360/2)
                                SL,0x6,90x1,-90x2^90
                                will take at the end two nadirs at 90 apart (as indicated by ^90)
                                so in a row, after the number of position, e.g. x6, if is nothing after, the positions will be spread by 360/6 degrees one from the next
                                if ^45 is added, like x6^45, those 6 positions will be taken at every 45 degrees apart.
                                This is useful, say, for multiple Zeniths at desired interval one from another.

---------------------8<--------------------------
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X