Control by Clicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control by Clicker

Excited to read that latest firmware supports control via aux port. I have a perfect application for that, which I hope you will enable soon: controlling tilt of a panohead on top of a hand-supported pole by means of a radio remote.

There is no need for a horizontal robot drive, it is better to turn the pole by hand, and shutter relase must also be manual. But a vertical robot would be very helpful for multi-row shooting (otherwise one must lower the pole between rows). The vertical drive pattern would just be to cycle through two to four angles less than 90 degrees from level. Stepping should be controlled by a radio clicker as it is impossible to use a phone app while holding a pole. Ideally one clicker would control both shutter and stepping, but independently -- I don't want to be limited to a fixed number of shots per row. However I'd be perfectly happy to use two radio remotes, one connected to the camera, the other to the Mecha. So the minimal function is to step to next ptich of a preset series on a contact closure to ground at aux port.

How long do you think it will be?

You can already achieve that, MECHA has step by step mode implemented already.
    Please allow me some time to make a little guide for that, basically how to use gesture mode in MECHA, for the next step.
    There are also some other possibilities using S language which allows pauses and wait for next step, so on.
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Tom does not want to use a phone as the remote control. He wants to use RF shutter release remote plugged to Aux mode. using the AF, AF+Shutter as signal.
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Sure, I understood that.
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Looking forward to your guide!

Comment

Please let me know if you have the cable for connection from camera to AUX port of MECHA and which camera is.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I want to connect a radio remote shutter release unit to aux port, not a camera. I have plenty of cables and can make one if necesary. In this application the camera will operate independently of mecha, mecha just needs to tilt up or down when I send it a signal.

Comment

Can you give a wiring diagram of the aux port jack? is it 3 or 4 contacts?

Comment

Originally posted by tksharpless View Post
                  Excited to read that latest firmware supports control via aux port. I have a perfect application for that, which I hope you will enable soon: controlling tilt of a panohead on top of a hand-supported pole by means of a radio remote.

There is no need for a horizontal robot drive, it is better to turn the pole by hand, and shutter relase must also be manual. But a vertical robot would be very helpful for multi-row shooting (otherwise one must lower the pole between rows). The vertical drive pattern would just be to cycle through two to four angles less than 90 degrees from level. Stepping should be controlled by a radio clicker as it is impossible to use a phone app while holding a pole. Ideally one clicker would control both shutter and stepping, but independently -- I don't want to be limited to a fixed number of shots per row. However I'd be perfectly happy to use two radio remotes, one connected to the camera, the other to the Mecha. So the minimal function is to step to next ptich of a preset series on a contact closure to ground at aux port.

How long do you think it will be?
                  tksharpless Sorry to interject, but I am also planning to use the Mecha for multi-row pano shooting on top of a pole. Could I ask why you prefer to rotate the pole manually and trigger the shutter manually instead of using a DAC MECHA to rotate on both axes and shoot automatically?

Comment

I'll add a simple protocol , some equiv [ LEFT ] [ RIGHT ] button on AUX port in a FW update tomorrow,

That will allow some basic control with a Clicker.
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

If you use a RF shutter release remote, you can wire in this way.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	aux Plug.png
Views:	32
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	31719
                      Nick
                      Fanotec

Comment

Starting with C1E_02075 one can design a simple protocol
                        about shorting AF and Shutter signal to GND and the equivalent of MECHA buttons.

-------------------8<-----------------------------------------

C1E_02075
                        Added in Custom Protocol on AUX Port [ ] in /config
                        This allows the description of a simple protocol about pressing of some external buttons and the equivalent of MECHA buttons.
                        |----S-|
                        |-A--|
                        = = = =>
                        In the above representation of matting plug on AUX port:
                        1S means 1 short between Tip and Sleeve,
                        1A means 1 short between 1st Ring and Sleeve,
                        E.g. 1=1S,2=2S,3=3S,4=1S1A,5=1A1S,6=1A,
                        1=1S, 1 short on S will be just like pressing the button [ 1 ]
                        3=3S, 3 shorts on S will be just like pressing the button [ 3 ]
                        4=1S1A, 1 short on S then 1 short on A will be just like pressing the button [ 4 ] or [ < ]
                        5=1A1S, 1 short on A then 1 short on S will be just like pressing the button [ 5 ] or [ > ]
                        6=1A, 1 short on A will be just like pressing the button [ 6 ] or [ power ]
                        To set-up the protocol, enter "test" in the edit box, then [Apply] then [Reboot]
                        In UI pages over the symbol of battery, the shorts will be shown as they are read by MECHA.
                        E.g. 1S will tell one single short was detected on S, while 1S1A mean one short on S then 1 short on A were detected.
                        After designing the protocol replace "test" with "1=1S,2=2S,3=3S,4=1S1A,5=1A1S,6=1A,"
                        but with actual conventions you're happy with, then [ Apply ]
                        This will disable the shutter confirmation on that particular MECHA

-------------------8<-----------------------------------------
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

notice at typical remote for camera will short AF first and then together with shutter signal.

nick
                          Fanotec

Comment

Very good point!

e.g. on, say, Apurture PRO Coworker
                            half-press will be detected as 1A
                            while
                            full-press will be 1A1S

e.g. we can have button [ > ] ( 5, right on MECHA) at a single full press like
                            5=1A1S,

and button [ < ] ( 4, left on MECHA) at half then full press like
                            4=2A1S,
                            or at two full presses like
                            4=1A1S1A1S,

these codes will be sown in top-right over the battery sign,
                            please check and practice a bit, then assign the codes to buttons.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thanks,DorinDXN,will try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X