• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If one enters 24mm in
    UI /row page of MECHA,
    MECHA will automatically produce this script

SL,0x9,-49.18x9,49.18x9,ZZ,NN

to break it down
    SL, means the start position is Level, it could be SP for Start Parked or SR for Start Raised instead.
    0x9, means one the row tilted at 0 deg. i.e. horizontal row, will be 9 positions on that row
    -49.18x9, means there will be also a row tilted at -49.18 deg ( - is down) also made of 9 positions
    and
    49.18, means a row tilted up 49.18 deg, also made out of 9 positions.
    then
    ZZ, means two Zenith positions, at 90 apart one from the other
    and
    NN means two Nadir positions, at 90 deg. apart one from the other.

this is also produced if the OLED menu is used and the preset is made using C2 buttons, without web UI

If you want to change this script you can simply edit, like 0x9 edited in 0x10 will mean on the middle row to be 10 positions instead of 9.
    also you can change the tilt if you want like instead of 49.18 to be, say, 47

MECHA uses some configurations set in
    /config
    user : admin
    pass: Mecha
    to generate this preset
    or the values set in OLED's Menu
    .e.g, you can see here

particularly
    MDU,ZZ,NN
    which means the script will be produced with
    Middle row first, then Down row, then Upper row then two Zeniths and two Nadirs
    if that is changed in
    DMU,Z,N will be Down first, then Middle, then Up and only one Zenith and one Nadir, even some can be omitted.
    DMU for no Zenith nor Nadir

the resource is built in MECHA, playing with it will be a good start.

For bracketing, setting TRG or T to 3 instead of 1 will mean three shoots for each position instead of just one.

1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.

MECHA Support mecha(at)nodalninja.com

Comment

• I saw we're both writing at the same time
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

• to test if MECHA triggers the camera and the unit is working properly you can follow the instructions in this video.

also to update FW to the latest, you ca follow the instructions in this video
        DorinDXN
        Administrator
        Last edited by DorinDXN; November 14, 2021, 12:34 PM.
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

• For automatic shutter confirmation will be needed a extra cable
          https://www.fanotec.com/mecha-3-5mm-...cable/370#top1
          and one of this
          https://www.fanotec.com/flash-shoe-t...apter/136#top1
          if camera hasn't PC-sync port, I believe D850 hasn't
          MECHA will get the confirmation from camera through it,
          but there is also button confirmation as well when MECHA can learn the delays (which require no extra cable)

Yes, is possible to trigger once for a bracket and receive three conformations or trigger each time for each shoot (and get confirmation) in the bracket
          DorinDXN
          Administrator
          Last edited by DorinDXN; November 14, 2021, 12:44 PM.
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

• Good news: the Nikon D850 has a PC Sync port and I have the necessary cable for it. 😀

The Mecha does trigger the camera with the Test presets, it just didn't do it when I tried to make my first custom preset. But let's put that down to almost certain user error. 😬

Comment

• If one enters 24mm in
              UI /row page of MECHA,
              MECHA will automatically produce this script

SL,0x9,-49.18x9,49.18x9,ZZ,NN
              I couldn't see how to do that in the web UI – is that what you meant? Instead I did that on the C2 controller, then exported the new preset and opened it in a text editor. It created a line SIMILAR to what you describe, but it's not identical and it is part of a verbose 23-line body of text:

Code:
              label='020 +24mmT1  E:1/2 25%360x180L >';
              info='020 +24mmT1  E:1/2 25%360x180L >';
              shots_around='24 mm';
              deg3='30';
              shots='1';
              pause='1/2';
              pause_m='1';
              pause_w='0.0';
              pause_b='0.0';
              pause_a='1.0';
              moves='1';
              microstep='32128';
              microstepcs='';
              fullsteps='7536';
              profile='medium';
              speed='6.0';
              focus='0.00';
              rewind='0';
              repeat='0';
              dual='SL,0x9,-49.18x9,49.18x9,ZZ,NN';
              buzzer='128';
              idle='1';
              oled='24,1,0,25,360,180,1,1,1,12,0.00,0.00,0,0,0,25';
              When I run this the Mecha does the correct rotations, but at each position it just says "SHOOT" without triggering the camera. However, the Test presets trigger the camera without fuss. Sadly if I try to download one of the Test presets to see if there's any clue there the browser gets no response from Mecha and times out.

Comment

• When you created the preset on C2 controller, was AF set to OFF?
                if so, please change it, when is flashing using [+] button,
                to either MF or AF:0.2
                then test if it triggers the camera
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

• Hi thatkeith,
                  What is the E delay you use apart from the AF setting? Did you use a shutter release confirmation setting? Is camera in electronic shutter mode?
                  Firmware is latest? You can do a factory reset at C8 column. When loading presets from the server, you need to connect MECHA to a hotspot first.

Nick
                  Fanotec
                  We listen. We try harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                    When you created the preset on C2 controller, was AF set to OFF?
                    Oh this is SO satisfying! I knew the problem was something I hadn't set correctly, and that is it. 🎉
                    I changed AF to MF in the new preset and it works perfectly.
                    Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                      Hi thatkeith,
                      What is the E delay you use apart from the AF setting? Did you use a shutter release confirmation setting? Is camera in electronic shutter mode?
                      Firmware is latest? You can do a factory reset at C8 column. When loading presets from the server, you need to connect MECHA to a hotspot first.

Nick
                      Hi Nick – the core issue seems to be me having AF set inappropriately. When I changed that to MF just now, all behaved exactly as expected. 😬
                      I did a factory reset, which made sure anything else I may have done has been set back to normal, just in case. The E delay I had tried but I'm starting this again by reading the manual (again 😉) and going in small steps. This is so exciting that it is really hard to hold back from trying everything all at once... but that's not a great way to learn properly.

Comment

• Hi Dorin. I am interested in learning the S language. In this thread there are many cases but do we have a PDF ordering everything? That it has an index, a content from less to more difficulty, etc.?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

• I recommend using MSS instead
                          https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/c2-guide.pdf#page=94

S-Language is more advanced and with the upcoming FW updates, MSS more simple and intuitive, is becoming more powerful as well

ATM some info about S-Language beside the examples here, are at page 118 in User's Guide.
                          https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/c...e.pdf#page=118

1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

Working...
                          X