in
    [Scripted]
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

sorry if interrupted your dinner-
      thanks - will try it . ( seems to work )

Comment

Great it works - thank You for incredible support - but a question .

I started in random position of the upper V arm -
        so the shoot was a mess -
        Should i position V arm in SP ( = Z ) by hand
        ( the motor is unaware of the position of the arm ?

Comment

Yes, the starting position needs to be prepared manually,
          You can assign presets to V MECHA to have 90 deg or 45 deg movements,
          I'll get back with a link to how to do that.

1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I found the info to have some moves assigned on V MECHA

--------8<---------------------------------------

if you access H MECHA with 192.168.8.1
            there is a [H] on top which tells that is the Horizontal MECHA
            if you click on it will open the UI of V MECHA, which you also can have it in a separate window/tab, permanently
            Now when you want to rotate a particular MECHA with a certain amount of degrees you can use is interface,
            say for V MECHA you can have set
            [1 Shots] [0 IMG] [90°] [x1] [Wait] for V MECHA to move up and down with exactly 90°
            you can save the preset with [Save 1]
            now every time you push the button [1] then [<] for move in one direction or [1] then [>] to move in the other with exact 90°,
            for battery changes, so on, you need to use V MECHA's buttons, of course.

The settings in V MECHA will not affect the DAC presets from H MECHA so you'll program both MECHA from H, only use V MECHA buttons to rotate V MECHA up or down with 90° using only the button [1] [<] or [V],
            in the same way you can save 180 deg movement on button 2, or even say 120 deg if that makes more easy to change the battery, so on,

--------8<---------------------------------------
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

thank You. using arrows is easy enough - but the precision of the placement is by eyeballing matching the markings on the moving arm against the non moving arm ? there is no sensor for this function
              ( no detent or anything just precision by eye and using arrows ? )

Comment

There is no sensor on E1,

Only E2 and P1 has.

There is, however, the door open for some future sensor attached on AUX port even in the case of E1, but not for now.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

ok thanks - I'm making progress. thanks again for incredible support.

Comment

You're welcome.
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Jann Lipka View Post
                      thank You. using arrows is easy enough - but the precision of the placement is by eyeballing matching the markings on the moving arm against the non moving arm ? there is no sensor for this function
                      ( no detent or anything just precision by eye and using arrows ? )
                      when motor is powered off, you can rotate the upper rail manually and slowly. For fine alignment, use the arrors on the controllers.

Nick
                      Fanotec
                      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

FYI.
                        I got everything to work / adjusted - still a bit of confused regarding wake up parameter .
                        but I was able to make a panorama 3x8+Z+N

Just a little scary because of small clearence for my NN3 mk2 setup but after removing eye cup and cutting some of release cable everything worked fine,
                        Thank You -

I know it is probably not easy to make it much simpler - I saw there is a new firmware update - already worried :-)
                        Still - thank you for all support.
                        Last edited by Jann Lipka; May 30, 2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Glad it worked.

The update adds the possibility to set a lower speed when the rotation/orientation is adjusted by buttons.

For clearance, a nadir adapter will be useful, beside its designed function,
                          it will increase the clearance and allow a wider range of lens to be used.

About the Wake, is just delay between the signal to wake-up camera and the first shoot, if is negative the delay will be always,
                          say, you need 15 seconds to get out from camera's view, when use only buttons, so that preset could have -15 as Wake and the delay will be there even if MECHA just ended a pano 1 second ago.

if is positive value, MECHA will not sent the wake signal and have the delay if camera was woke 10 seconds ago (when shoot) but if you set the Wake delay as negative ( "-" actually means forced, is used in AF as well) the delay will be there regardless what time passed from the last camera activity.
                          1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Jann Lipka View Post
                            FYI.
                            I got everything to work / adjusted - still a bit of confused regarding wake up parameter .
                            but I was able to make a panorama 3x8+Z+N

Just a little scary because of small clearence for my NN3 mk2 setup but after removing eye cup and cutting some of release cable everything worked fine,
                            Thank You -

I know it is probably not easy to make it much simpler - I saw there is a new firmware update - already worried :-)
                            Still - thank you for all support.
                            Probably good to have an option to limit the highest angle in firmware for long NPP.
                            In the wizard mode, it should have an option not to use zenith shot.
                            I have a surplus of NN4 vertical rail. I may offer them for free.

Nick
                            Fanotec
                            We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Working...
                            X