Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mecha E1 -- phone communication failure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mecha E1 -- phone communication failure.

Had a bad experience today with mecha E1 and Chrome on Samsung Galaxy S6. Got set up to shoot a high pano, and the browser screen went white -- not black, white, or rather very light pearl gray. Android reported the mecha as connected and Chrome did not report any error; but of course there was no useful communication. Reload page seemed to work but screen did not change. Power cycling mecha did not help; nor did launching different versions of Chrome. Tried with iPhone but could not remember the wifi password. After I got home I rebooted the phone and it seemed to communicate normally with the mecha, so I suppose the problem was in the phone.

I think is something with some recent updates on Chrome, I had and odd looking of Chrome with Galaxy 9,
    I didn't have issues with MECHA I believe because Galaxy 9 is a testing phone and is very often re-booted, maybe..
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

This is just another reason why a cellphone is not a reliable controller for use on the job. I need a radio remote clicker function on the Aux port. Is that ready yet?

Comment

Yes, is ready since 2.5 months ago

----------8<--------------------------

C1E_02075
        Added Custom Protocol on AUX Port [ ] in /config
        This allows the description of a simple protocol about pressing of some external buttons and the equivalent of MECHA buttons.
        |----S-|
        |-A--|
        = = = =>
        In the above representation of matting plug on AUX port:
        1S means 1 short between Tip and Sleeve,
        1A means 1 short between 1st Ring and Sleeve,
        E.g. 1=1S,2=2S,3=3S,4=1S1A,5=1A1S,6=1A,
        1=1S, 1 short on S will be just like pressing the button [ 1 ]
        3=3S, 3 shorts on S will be just like pressing the button [ 3 ]
        4=1S1A, 1 short on S then 1 short on A will be just like pressing the button [ 4 ] or [ < ]
        5=1A1S, 1 short on A then 1 short on S will be just like pressing the button [ 5 ] or [ > ]
        6=1A, 1 short on A will be just like pressing the button [ 6 ] or [ power ]
        To set-up the protocol, enter "test" in the edit box, then [Apply] then [Reboot]
        In UI pages over the symbol of battery, the shorts will be shown as they are read by MECHA.
        E.g. 1S will tell one single short was detected on S, while 1S1A mean one short on S then 1 short on A were detected.
        After designing the protocol replace "test" with "1=1S,2=2S,3=3S,4=1S1A,5=1A1S,6=1A,"
        but with actual conventions you're happy with, then [ Apply ]
        This will disable the shutter confirmation on that particular MECHA

-------------8<----------------------------------------------
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thank you for reminding me.
          I am now ready to test this feature.
          First question: what 'edit box'? Please show me specific instructions for getting to this box.
          Will I need administrator credentials to set this up? If so, how do I get them?

Comment

is in /config of the MECHA you want to use the aux port of
            user:admin pass:Mecha (unless you changed)

Click image for larger version

Name:	custom_protocol.png
Views:	36
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	32470
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Progress. I have entered the codes shown and connected a radio remote to the aux port. The Mecha is displaying two codes when I press remote button: "1A" for a half-press, "1A1S" for full press. This is the expected result, given your wiring diagram.
              Only those two codes are possible with the standard remote shutter release. So now I need to find out how to connect them to two useful functions.

Comment

Thanks for progress and feedback,

You can practice with this protocol, I'll post more useful examples later,
                1=1A,2=2A,3=3A,4=1A1S1A1S,5=1A1S,

What this will do,
                half-pressing once is like pressing button [1]
                half-pressing twice quickly is like pressing button [2]
                half-pressing three times quickly is like pressing button [3]
                full press is like pressing [>] or button [5] of MECHA
                full press twice is like pressing [<] or button [4] of MECHA

these are button conventions in protocol, looking at MECHA e.g. [6] is the power button
                [1] [2] [3]
                [4] [5] [6]

so you can launch the preset 1 by one half-press then, one second later, a full press.
                and say, launch preset 3 by three half-press quickly then, one second later, a full press.
                these are for rotation to right.
                For preset in rotation to left instead,
                you can launch the preset 1 by one half-press then, one second later, two full press.
                and say, launch preset 3 by three half-press quickly then, one second later, two a full press.

also if your preset has pause in it (say in script) pressing full will advance/resume from that pause,

I'll add more examples when time allows.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thank you Dorin.

Comment

The codes are being received as you describe, but are not activating the presets connected to the corresponding Mecha buttons.
                    I hear a beep for half press, and after full press the motor seems to activate momentarily. That is all.
                    What am I missing?

Comment

It should work, perhaps too long or too short pause from half-press to full-press

you can test first by
                      pressing [1] then [>]
                      the preset for [1] should start (you can stop quickly by pressing the power button)
                      then half press then after beep you should see the LED for 1 lighting just like before then full-press should be interpreted [>] and the preset should start.

has to be the port of the same MECHA you used the buttons of, please post what not goes as described.

I just tested in 02098 and works as described, it should work in months old FW (C1E_02075) as well
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

nope, just get a beep after each press sequence, then a small noise from the motor. I have power cycled the Mecha twice, no change.
                        f/w 02098 is installed. Mecha s/n is 269c66

Comment

Originally posted by tksharpless View Post
                          nope, just get a beep after each press sequence, then a small noise from the motor. I have power cycled the Mecha twice, no change.
                          f/w 02098 is installed. Mecha s/n is 269c66
                          Is the preset executed properly using the on board buttons? Sometimes a customer forgets to save the settings to the button and it fails to run properly.
                          You half press. Then release. This should be about 1 second. Then you press fully quickly.
                          Fanotec
                          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Please test the preset first using MECHA buttons, then see and tell what is different, regarding the LEDs and behavior when using the remote.
                            The protocol just emulate the buttons, MECHA will make no difference between real buttons and "virtual" buttons translated by protocol,
                            however, the delay can be different, but that can be more fine-tuned if turns out to be the case and the cause of not working as expected.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Yes, it works with the buttons.

Comment

Working...
                              X