No announcement yet.

Beginner Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After you get the firmware updated and both controllers paired again, you can use the 4 markings on the upper rail spacer to align the leveled/ raised / parked position accurately.
    Reference mark is on the friction ring at the base of E2 rotator. Future firmware development will make use of the position sensor for automatic alignment.

Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by kanapee View Post
      Ok thx so far, I will see what I can do or what will work. But this is a lot of hassle for just taking one simple 360°, I'm now almost two days in with just setting up.

Update: I have tried Instruction page 13, it still does not work, thx for the help though probably a broken unit or so.
      You're welcome, we just tried to see if the units are OK, the making of a simple 360 is only after we can be sure that the units are ok, as you reported the (3). .(6) points, maybe something is not as it should, but even then, usually an update and an one time set/test will solve it for good.
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

just to be sure about the page 13

1. Power off both MECHA units in case they are running. To do that, hold down the power button ⏻ for 3-5 seconds.
        > both sholud be OFF
        2. Power up the horizontal MECHA (hold down the power button for 3-5 seconds).
        > ony MECHA-H needs to be powered at this time
        When you see the splitting lights ( -=-=-=-= ), press the button [1] for 3 seconds (until multiple beeps are heard).
        The unit powered up first, rotates horizontally, so we name it MECHA-H.

3. Power up the other MECHA using its power button
        > this will be MECHA-V
        > let the MECHA-H running
        and when you see the splittng lights ( -=-=-=-= ), press the button [2] for 3 seconds (until multiple beeps are heard).
        > press the button [2] of MECHA-V for 3 seconds
        The second powered up unit rotates vertically, so we name it MECHA-V.
        On successful pairing, MECHA-H has the middle LED on, and the MECHA-V has the two middle LEDs on.
        Otherwise, power down and up both MECHAs again, preferably power up the MECHA-H first.
        Next step is to test the combo using MECHA buttons, and see how it works.

> this need to be done only once, not before every panorama
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
          After you get the firmware updated and both controllers paired again, you can use the 4 markings on the upper rail spacer to align the leveled/ raised / parked position accurately.
          Reference mark is on the friction ring at the base of E2 rotator. Future firmware development will make use of the position sensor for automatic alignment.

Nick
          Hi Nick, thx for the effort. Though I'm not able to update, the app says several times "No updates found." What I don't get in the manual it says you can see "Current angle position" but it always sits at "0" and I'm not able to set anything. Sure I can eyeball everything, but I thought this was one of the big advantages of using a precise automated system. My unit could also be broken out of the box, I can't tell, unfortunately.

But for nearly 1000 Euros I was definitely expecting more, the other nodal ninja products I have work fine so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kanapee View Post
            Though I'm not able to update, the app says several times "No updates found." What I don't get in the manual it says you can see "Current angle position"
            the unit attempting update has the latest FW, the "No updates found." is correct.
            once we can be sure the test are ok, the units will update both at once so the apparent current situation will not occur anymore, this is nothing unusual, the MECHAs can be paired in DAC even if are made two years apart, but they needs to be in sync once.
            I suspect was an update made for one unit only and this is also not a problem as MECHA can be used independently,
            is a lot of benefits having two units both apart and paired, depending on applications, once you get used to it you might want to update only one MECHA or both.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
              the unit attempting update has the latest FW, the "No updates found." is correct.
              once we can be sure the test are ok, the units will update both at once so the apparent current situation will not occur anymore, this is nothing unusual, the MECHAs can be paired in DAC even if are made two years apart, but they needs to be in sync once.
              I suspect was an update made for one unit only and this is also not a problem as MECHA can be used independently,
              is a lot of benefits having two units both apart and paired, depending on applications, once you get used to it you might want to update only one MECHA or both.
              I'm sorry but I have tried now almost 2 days to make it work and it doesn't, read the manual, wrote to the dealer, ask a forum. I think not a lot of customers will go thru such hassle to use a newly bought product. I have to admit, I'm no technician I just want to take good panos :). For example, I have a Syrp Genie II and Linear I connect them with the app, if there is a new firmware > I click install and it's done and I also can pair those devices or use them separately. I also had some troubles following the MECHA manual, since some crucial parts are missing and to me not conclusive. I'm not saying it is a bad product but maybe look into to ease the usability.

Comment

MECHA updates as easy but we need to be sure that the units are paired OK,.

I need to open/write an announcement here,
                MECHA DAC are sent paired form factory, the test 1313> should work,
                if not, please do nothing but report here in forum, 10 minutes after I read it the problem will be solved.
                Sorry for spending 2 days.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Please give MECHA some more chance. We can extend your return period. It is a superior product than Syrp.
                  We have major firmware updates and better guide in next 3 months.

For now, just try to repair the vertical and horizontal controllers.

1. Power off both MECHA units in case they are running. To do that, hold down the power button for 3-5 seconds.
                  > both sholud be OFF
                  2. Power up the horizontal MECHA (hold down the power button for 3-5 seconds).
                  > ony MECHA-H needs to be powered at this time
                  When you see the splitting lights ( -=-=-=-= ), press the button [1] for 3 seconds (until multiple beeps are heard).
                  The unit powered up first, rotates horizontally, so we name it MECHA-H.

3. Power up the other MECHA using its power button
                  > this will be MECHA-V
                  > let the MECHA-H running
                  and when you see the splittng lights ( -=-=-=-= ), press the button [2] for 3 seconds (until multiple beeps are heard).
                  > press the button [2] of MECHA-V for 3 seconds
                  The second powered up unit rotates vertically, so we name it MECHA-V.
                  On successful pairing, MECHA-H has the middle LED on, and the MECHA-V has the two middle LEDs on.
                  Otherwise, power down and up both MECHAs again, preferably power up the MECHA-H first.
                  Next step is to test the combo using MECHA buttons, and see how it works.

> this need to be done only once, not before every panorama
                  Fanotec
                  We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Working...
                  X