Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preset vs Script

Hi
    What is the difference between scripts and presets, is there a way to convert a preset to a script, so it would be easier to change things, like I downloaded a preset for a 200mm lens to shoot a gigapano, and I want to change degrees etc to use it for an 85mm lens.
    Can this be done?

regards

Hani
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Riyadh in Panoramas

Any preset can have or not a script in it.

A preset contains all the settings in a file which can be exported or imported, some are available on the server for download.

A preset will contain settings like delays, number of photos and can also contain a script.

Some scripts are in the new simple format, which can cover the majority or cases, even for gigapixel,
    however, some shooting patterns, requiring some particular order of shooting, can be scripted only in the old format, for now.

I'll be happy to convert the preset you liked from the one you downloaded to the one you want, I'll outline what I changed for conversion,
    that will give a start point to make your own fine adjustments.

1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thanx
      I just got my Mecha, and managed to use a script to do panos using 28mm lens, Scripts are easier in non expected situations/focal lengths, but I could not understand it.. every time i boot Mecha I have to manually set the camera to level using the arrows, as s=0 does not work (or maybe I am doing it wrong) Nor SL, and if it is in parked mode, it will keep in that mode taking the nomber of pictures, but not respecting the degrees.
      Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
      Riyadh in Panoramas

Comment

Congrats for MECHA.

Assuming you have the latest FW, if you keep MECHA in parked position, in the script you just indicate that,

MECHA doesn't know where is at start of the preset, so it will trust your telling.

using MECHA-V buttons
        you can rotate from parked to level and back using this way.
        press [<] then quick press [2],
        the same for the other direction
        press [>] then quick press [2],

1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

My FW is 2098,thanx for the info on the level move. I will update it to the new one.
          I will look for some presets, and try to export mine (used now) to try and fine tune it with your help please.

regards

Hani
          Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
          Riyadh in Panoramas

Comment

Working...
          X