Some bugs in the C2 controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some bugs in the C2 controller

I'm using a C2 with current f/w, and two rotators. I can report several difficulties.
    1] overnight last night the batteries drained completely even though the controller appeared to be powered off.
    2] Presets are not displayed nor loaded correctly by default. After power-up I could not see presets stored yesterday. One stored the day before was visible but was not loaded correctly, script was missing. By activating "go to ring" then "go to row" all presets became visible and were loaded correctly.
    3] related to 2, one cannot program a scripted preset in the power-up default state.

I'll try to sync the FW of C2 tomorrow to get close to the current FW of C1.

I'll look at reported issues as well, thanks for the feedback.
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by tksharpless View Post
      I'm using a C2 with current f/w, and two rotators. I can report several difficulties.
      1] overnight last night the batteries drained completely even though the controller appeared to be powered off.
      There is a power LED that drains the battery even the controller is off. unplug the controller to save battery.
      The release version will probably not have it.
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

Comment

FW update for C2 controller from C2E_02108 to C2E_02140, may still have bugs.
        Is a port from DAC FW, the preset will work, the firmware is not using the OLED much/properly yet.

-------------------------------8<----------------------------------------------------
        C2E_02140
        FW Sync with C1E_02139
        Note: 31< code doesn't work,
        also the power LED cannot flash, features requiring pressing the power button when it flashes, might not work as expected.

Optimizations in RAM management.
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thanks, will try.
          A feature that may be important for the C2: option to exchange horizontal/vertical functions of the cables. This may allow more freedom to mount the controller in various rigs.
          Also the cables should be labeled H and V.

Comment

The switching of the cables will be added in future FW updates

The OLED will show if the upper cable is V and lower cable is H or vice-versa,
            or 1 and 2 for other dual axis applications.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I have updated both C2 controllers to C2E_02140. Initial state now seem to be fully functional. Screen shows 'http://(IP unset)" at bottom.

Comment

The address shown at the bottom depend of
                AP /STA / AP+STA /No WiFi
                mode, it might show http://(IP unset)

Added the cable switch in /config
                in top-left corner of OLED is visible

H OK
                V OK
                meaning the cable for H is up

or

V OK
                H OK
                meaning the cable for V is up

--------------------------------------8<------------------------------------------------------

C2E_02141

Added in config/ [x] Switch the H - V Motor cables.
                The OLED will display H and V accordingly

Use it with extreme caution as it effectively exchanges the horizontal movements to vertical and vice-versa,
                if the cables aren't plugged accordingly.
                After changing this, do some tests, with up-down and left-right buttons, to be sure that the cables are properly plugged.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                X