Panorama 360° with 24 - 70 mm lens in a Small room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panorama 360° with 24 - 70 mm lens in a Small room

Hi all, I try to create a 360° panoramic in a small room with focal lens between 24 - 90 mm the room would be 5 meters from the camera and the first object at one meter in some case object can be as far as 0.3 meters. I find several limitation due to the Depth of field, and I would like to have some advice of the community :

- have you already realize that type of panoramic and how do you deal with depth of field, do you use the focus stacking ?
    - what is the maximum focal lengh you use ?
    - how much photo do you take ? do you use HDR ?

I have find that the new z6/z7 nikon have a new mode for the focus stacking and that it could be the solution. Also in a small room a 35 mm could be enough but I would be happy to have some feedback...

Note : I want to use this technique for shop which have very small products...

Thanks for your recommandation

Hi
    I used my 24-50 on a Z5, f9 and setting focus to 2.15 meter, minimum distance is 1 meter, I prefere 16mm, but that was a watch shop, so needed some details.
    I use Photopills app for DOF calculation, and HDR so I can accomodate lighting, with 3 F stops,
    I used 16 mm in another shop, not bad results.
    I will but a link later for results if you like

regads

Hani
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Riyadh in Panoramas

Comment

Hi Hdraye,

Thanks for the feedback, which mm do you use on the 24-50 ? I would be happy to see the results. I already got a 8-15 mm nikon, it's sharp but for small products it's not enough...

Comment

This is a comparison between 16mm fisheye on a D850 and a 24-50 (24mm) on a Z5, please ignore colors as I am playing with Photomatix vs Lightroom HDR merge

http://rkwp.s3.me-south-1.amazonaws.com/1624/index.htm

Hani
        Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
        Riyadh in Panoramas

Comment

Hi Hani,

Thanks for the comparaison, as I can see the first plan of the 24 mm is blurry maybe because of the depth of field you can not focus on infinite with the first plan sharp on the 24 mm ?

For the rest I don't see any difference in sharpness, it should be good to have a test with a 35 or 50 mm to see the results...

Comment

Try again, I guess hdr merging is not that good, just reuploaded the pano
            Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
            Riyadh in Panoramas

Comment

Great shoots, For some reason the 16mm takes longer to load the image and appears blurring at first until it's loaded. The 24mm loads quicker so at first glance at my end (server speed and internet speed), the 24mm looks better. As the zoom limit is limited both images are great with the level of detail shown. My preference would be the 16mm for a couple of reason,
              1) I prefer the light flairs from the 16mm (see the main stairs) over the 24mm.
              2) fewer photos to stitch and process ( when the zoom-in is limited), less storage space required on HDDs.

Comment

Working...
              X