Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Nodalninja Mk3 Mecha DAC with P1, E2 and C2

Hello,

would it be possible to upgrade the NN3 Mk3 Mecha DAC (with C1 and 2 E1) with the C2 controller together with one P1 rotator and one E2 rotator?
    Or is only the NN6 suitable for this combination of rotators and controller?

Frank

The P1 rotator has its own rail, if you have NN3 with Nadir adapter,
    The Nadir adapter will match perfectly with P1's rail , only need to remove a small safety screw.

Depending on configuration you may need some extra like battery holder and/or C2 holder,
    C2 is new, some accessories and bracket(s) may be available in near future.

I'm sure news will come in this area soon.

1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.

MECHA Support mecha(at)nodalninja.com

Comment

Thank you.

2nd question. Yes I have NN3 with Nadir adapter. Is it possible to turn the Nadir adapter also automated? Let's say together with an E1

Comment

Sure, you can have a simple html command, just a link, saved on phone (home) and rotate the vertical rail,.

The double clamp match both E1 and P1 rail, then, I think, is only need for a screw to mount the vertical rail on E1, which looks like will be inverted, but that is not a problem.

Best to leave a comment when order and describe what you want and ask for the required parts.
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.

MECHA Support mecha(at)nodalninja.com

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post
          Thank you.

2nd question. Yes I have NN3 with Nadir adapter. Is it possible to turn the Nadir adapter also automated? Let's say together with an E1
          Do you really want to have such a heavy weight pano head? You need to slide the camera and vertical assembly of MECHA and rotate the vertical assembly. :-) Turning the nadir adapter automatically is a dangerous operation too. Depending on your tripod and the weight of your camera, it can tip over.
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post
            Hello,

would it be possible to upgrade the NN3 Mk3 Mecha DAC (with C1 and 2 E1) with the C2 controller together with one P1 rotator and one E2 rotator?
            Or is only the NN6 suitable for this combination of rotators and controller?

Frank
            We are making other listings for NN3 MK2 and MK3.

Nick
            Fanotec

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post

Do you really want to have such a heavy weight pano head? You need to slide the camera and vertical assembly of MECHA and rotate the vertical assembly. :-) Turning the nadir adapter automatically is a dangerous operation too. Depending on your tripod and the weight of your camera, it can tip over.
              Hi Nick,

my thoughts are not yet finalized. If I will go in this direction than not with current NN3 Mk3 MECHA DAC setup with two E1 as the additional E1 would limit my camera/lens combo weight further.
              My setup would be with a Canon EOS M5 with 22mm pancake lens (not too heavy). My tripod is a relativ sturdy one from Manfrotto.
              But as it is only a onetime turning of the vertical axis by 180 degree it would make no sense to use a html link outside of the Mecha UI webinterface. I can easily rotate the nadir adapter manually and shift the tripod by the appropriate distance to keep the lens in NPP position as good as possible.

I can add a Pause command in my script to turn the nadir by 180 degrees and shift the tripod, then I resume the script.

Frank

Comment

Meanwhile I came to the conclusion that I only would like to upgrade from the two C1 controllers I already have to one C2 controller and all the related other parts that are needed (C2 bracket, battery holder with batteries and the cables to connect the C2 to the two E1 and additional screws where needed, Have I forgotten something?).

Is there such an upgrade kit available?

My current Nodal Ninja Mecha is the Dual Axis MECHA C1-E1 w/NN3 MK3 and Nadir Adapter

br Frank

Comment

send me a pciture of what you have. Does your carrying case has a handle strap?
                  As special offer to C1 DAC users, I can offer a free battery holder. Shipping by Fedex is expensive. Possible to ship by cheap postal service with 2-4 weeks delivery time.
                  The C1 DAC firmware will catch up in the next generation firmware. I am thinking of an addon display and keypad for C1 DAC.

Nick
                  Last edited by nick fan; November 9, 2021, 04:22 PM.
                  Fanotec

Comment

Hi Nick,

thank you for your reply.
                    I did show a video of my setup in action in another thread here in the forum. does this video help to answer your question?
                    You can find the video here on my youtube channel:

also find attached a picture of my carrying case.

The oncoming C1 DAC firmware update together with an addon display and keypad also listens not too bad. Maybe I will wait for this option.

br Frank
                    Attached Files

Comment

We now have a taller case that is better fit for MECHA with E1 and NN3 series.

Nick
                      Fanotec

Comment

Hi Nick,

just to let you know:
                        Today I ordered the C2 upgrade together with the other need parts and the 2 batteries and charger at Panosociety in Czech Republic.

br Frank

Comment

Hi,

I'm wondering what this part (in the red frame) is meant for? Is it to be able to use longer lenses or is there another reason why I would mount this part between the lower and upper rail?
                          And how much offset would I need to set for my currently used stop?
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	NN3MK3-Installation.png Views:	0 Size:	202.9 KB ID:	34720
                          Last edited by FrankD; January 5, 2022, 05:32 AM.

Comment

It is a great improvement for DSLRs, reducing chances of hitting camera or shutter cable on the lower rail.
                            Lower rail setting to be increased by 2.5cm.

Nick
                            Fanotec

Comment

Hello Nick,

thank you for the information.

Frank

Comment

Working...
                              X