No announcement yet.

Nodal Ninja 6 P1 C2 Mecha with Nadir Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, thanks again. Email sent with backup file attached.

Comment

Thank you for the backup file.

I answered in e-mail channel

1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Everything is coming together now thank you, it is starting to make a bit of sense :)

I have a question regarding the partial panorama mentioned earlier in this thread for (140) If the Head is in the level position to begin, and it only takes the columns (positions) within the 140 degree range of the MSS 360 script, does it take the shots 70 degrees either side of the starting position?

One other query. I used in the past for a few big project the Gigapan Pro V (sorry for mentioning the competition) where there was a preset where you could tell the system where for the first top left image was to start and then you are asked to use the direction arrows to move to the bottom right position for the last. You then tell it the focal point of the lens and it calculated how many columns and rows with overlap were required to shoot that area. Is this currently possible or is this something can might be an option in the future perhaps?

Comment

The new Easy UI for MECHA is next in line in the FW update queue.
          You'll be able to set the boundary of a partial panorama more easy.

The partial panorama (140) will start from the initial position and do 140 to right or left,
          depending on how is launched [>] or [<],
          it can be scripted though to do an offset before 1st shoot, if needed.

as MECHA is in effervescent development, new features are added almost on daily basis.
          I'll recommend updating the FW to the latest, 12216 ATM, following this procedure

One feature just added is the battery level shown in top-left of OLED as well, and it can be set to warn when the battery reach certain low level,

-------8<---------------------------------------------
          C2E_12216
          Added in OLED Menu, at C 1
          BATT. WARNING
          AT 12.00 V
          To adjust the battery warning voltage, full charge the battery before powering ON MECHA
          then access and this menu on OLED, and adjust the value using [+] or [-] then confirm with [o], the middle button.
          MECHA will display on top-left the battery level in alternation with the motor status.
          -------8<---------------------------------------------
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by dmcneill View Post
            Cheers will play around with it. A lot of options to figure out.

I am wondering also what recommended settings would you use for the following.
            I am using an old D800 with a 8-15mm as My D850's are set for other projects at the moment/
            I set the TRG for 5 to shoot 5 bracketed shots and used the preset for the +45 and -45 with Nadir and Zenith. I'm getting mixed results.
            Some of the positions only take 2, 3, 4 and 5 shots instead of each taking 5 so the bracketing sequences are then out of sync. Doing it a few times gives different results.
            I tried the Back to 1 sec to delay between the bracketed sets but it makes no difference.
            Any reason for this?
            Try to set A:-2 (triger will wait for your camera to proces image )

Comment

I see the firmware update referring to using a pc sync cable with the aux port of the C2. Can you explain a bit more please regarding this? If I connect a pc sync cable for the cameras to the aux port of the C2 and enable it. What happens and what are the benefits? An example scenario would be helpful.

Comment

It is a two way communication

MECHA (remote cable)> Camera
                and
                Camera (PC Sync) > MECHA

With this option enabled and camera correctly set regarding PC Sync,
                the E: delay, for trigger, can be, say always 0.25 sec.
                MECHA triggers Camera then wait until it receives back the signal that the shutter is closed, if camera has shutter open, like for AEB, for 2 seconds, it will send shutter open and then shutter closed (after 2 seconds),
                so despite the delay was only 0.25 sec MECHA will proceed further after 2 sec.
                because only then it detects shutter closed via PC Sync.

So the benefit is that is not need to specify long time (delay) for long exposure,
                instead the delay stretches to to the actual exposure time received via PC Sync.

The benefits goes also to Automatic exposure like AV, so on.. , not only AEB but in any scenarios when the exposure time isn't known.
                A way to have one preset fits all, for a particular shooting pattern/covering the sphere.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

So at the moment for a 4 shot around 3 brackets shots, I have it working based on setting the E to a value a bit higher than the combines shutter time required for the 3 brackets shots.

So if I use the PC sync cable method instead, I do not need to set E to say 4 sec, if the 3 brackets shots are .5, 1 and 2 sec for example.

If I use the PC sync option does it know that there are 3 brackets shots per position as each 3 is a shutter open and close?

Comment

If using PC Sync, you'll need to set TRG as the number images bracket, e.g. 3 and E: will be the newly added "SHT C." from Shutter Conf.

MECHA will trigger the camera and wait for confirmation, and will do that 3 times (TRG ) ,
                    indeed, you'll not need to add and set a larger E: anymore
                    but you'll need to set camera to take only one shoot at a press of button i.e. to press 3 times for a set of 3 bracketed shots

Don't worry if you can't set camera in that way,
                    for sure I'll add one press 3 confirmations in future FW updates :)
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

ok. I use the Nikon bodies, D850's, D500's and Z6ii's. For 3 shots with 1 trigger I can use the Self Timer set to 2 sec delay and take 3 shots. This is my method for shooting 4 sets of 3 bracketed shots on a long pole with a remote release (Pocket wizards). But as long as I can understand the different methods then its fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcneill View Post

The Case has a lot of small plastic bags with different Alan keys, screws and other items, but there is no mention of these items anywhere or what they are used for? A "Whats in the case" section of the user guide would be very useful.

There is a Red Handled Alan key that is separate but does not seem to fit any of the Alan screws that I can see. What is its purpose?

There is a metal button on the top of each Vertical and Horizontal piece and there is no mention of what these are for? Pressing them does not seem to do anything that I can see?
                        Oh goodness glad i am not the only one feeling this way!

Comment

The products are excellent but the support documentation, tutorials and update information is terrible to be honest. Even the Firmware upgrades are confusing as to their purposes.Still no idea about the majority of the functions and abilities of the Mecha P1 DAC.The instructions are created by technical people rather than someone writing them for general users.

Comment

Just published the latest FW update for C2, (couple of minutes ago)

Is very easy to use now, I'll try to make a video today (if not, for sure tomorrow)
                            a new version of the User Guide is in working right now, written for less technical people.

1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I believe you use C2 not DAC?
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Please try to update to the latest FW version of C2,
                                using this method or what you used before

You should end with FW 12240

Please contact me at mecha(at)nodalninja.com if you find the update process difficult.
                                I can quickly guide you on C2's OLED Menu before the video is out.

Feel free to try :)
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X