No announcement yet.

Nodal Ninja 6 P1 C2 Mecha with Nadir Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be a video tomorrow with latest C2 features.

Only want now to preview the basics,

1) select an Empty from P (preset)
    2) press [+] to "add" a preset there
    3) press [+] [-] to adjust the flashing values and confirm each value with [o] middle button
    4) the added preset will have "+ " in name, you can delete it with [-] to have the Empty back, or you can let the preset there for later use.
    5) to launch that preset, if it is selected in P menu, press [o]
    6) MECHA will ask about 4 directions, you can use the arrow buttons (even combined with intervals) to bring the panoramic head in Level position and to pan to the initial shot (on horizon) then confirm with [o]
    7) MECHA will ask again about 2 directions, meaning which sense you want the panorama to be taken, mostly to right. for hat you just need to press [>]

the video features the setting of a partial panorama
    with 30 mm lens, (FF equiv.) T (trigger) 3 times per position, E: (exposure) delay 1 second,
    30% overlap, partial panorama 180° wide and 90° tall,
    of course you can set other values instead.
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

The video is postponed for another day due to some features added to C2's Menu.
      Even more, the edit of the old values, from a session to another, via C2's Menu, will be added as well.
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I use the new Mecha P1 DAC system. I am sure the unit can do a lot more than I can figure out, its just extremely confusing. We need proper tutorials on the functions and abilities. Ironically I work for a multinational were I am responsible for the creation and development of learning video tutorials globally from technical to finance. It is faster to create a video tutorial with a real person giving real world examples than silent 3d rendered animated rotations. People wnat videos that show then exactly what they need to achieve quickly, 3 - 4 minutes long only.
        Simple videos that show specific tasks:

How to take a 3 bracketed shot 4 positions around.
        How to save that as a preset to be used again.
        How to take 3 bracketed shot 4 positions 3 angles. Use an example of lens.
        How to take a full 360 with a zoom lens. Set up the sequence based on the lens focal length
        How to use the UI to configure and save a preset.
        How to connect, configure and create a setup with the PC cable to shoot 3 bracketed shots before moving on.

These would be a great start.
        Last edited by dmcneill; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

So you use MECHA C2 like this

with OLED

and not DAC like this

Just to be sure about what MECHA's documentation you're complaining.
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I can update the firmware etc easily enough using the Hotspot on the phone, or just using th Update option on the LED. I use the UI via iPad pro or Iphone Pro to configure settings.

Comment

I'm beginning to understand where the confusion is, just to be more clear

MECHA has two controllers, ATM
              C1 with LEDs and buttons, connected to only one rotator
              and
              C2 with OLED and can be connected to two rotators

Beside the Controlers (C)
              there are rotators : E1, E2 and P1

https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/c2-guide.pdf#page=7 here is a description and some of the differences.

Overall is the differences are in:
              a) controller C1 has no OLED, only LEDs vs C2 with small OLED display

b) rotators: E1 small cute, less noise 310g, E2 larger, powerful noisier kind of E1 under 2 x magnifier glass 650g,
              both E1 and E2 have backlash -SW compensated -
              then P1 (with belt, quieter no backlash but large, 1Kg )

People will certainly find C2 easier to use, OTOH, DAC is made of two C1s, so one can have two in one and benefit from the wireless connection between controllers and flexibility, using one part time for turntable and another for, say, R1 with a FE Lens

Both C1 and C2 have wireless for control purposes, the same presets runs on both.

C1 can be used either single or connected as a pair of two in DAC
              C2 is used single ATM

Both C1, single or in DAC can have either of the rotators.

1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by dmcneill View Post
                I can update the firmware etc easily enough using the Hotspot on the phone, or just using th Update option on the LED. I use the UI via iPad pro or Iphone Pro to configure settings.
                I fully agree, indeed everyone says that the videos about update and simple rotations are most easy to understand.
                they are extremely useful in this regard.

We could take the path to divide the info in small steps as you suggested to cover the full usage, however is also good idea to simplify the usage, that was the reason for a marathon of changes done in few days lately on C2.

As you probably know the future is toward less videos and more self introducing a self-guiding devices instead.

As we're now begin to understand you using C2, I'm sure you'll find the latest FW for C2 much more easy to use,
                updating to the latst FW is a must for every C2 user
                FW C2E_12245
                right now I'm finishing FW C2E_12246 which will have more info shown on OLED,
                the goal is to be less need for readings and watching the videos.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thanks for the update.
                  Is it possible to get an email notification of firmware updates yet?
                  Also, would it be possible in the future to add in the UI a page just showing a list of our own Presets for speed? We could then just select it and hit shoot or something similar?

Comment

Sure, easy selection from list will be added in future FW updates.
                    About e-mail notifications, please subscribe to this thread (for C2)
                    https://forum.nodalninja.com/forum/p...on-and-changes

I always post there when a new update is published.
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                      I believe you use C2 not DAC?
                      This nomenclature was confusing to me because I have only had the C2, with dual axis. Maybe I am just slow, but It took a while to figure out that DAC is totally another product. :)

Comment

MECHA C1
                        https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/mecha.pdf

DAC starts here
                        https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/mecha.pdf#page=56

MECHA C2
                        this is the older User Guide, the new one will be published tomorrow
                        https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/c2-guide.pdf
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Thanks again for the response. Just out of curiosity... I bought the Nodal Ninja 6 P1 C2 Mecha with Nadir Adapter unit from Panosociety: https://panosociety.com/collections/...panoramic-head

Just realised that I am not sure where the Nadir Adapter comes in. It does seem to be able to turn to take a Nadir Shot away from the unit. I have a Nadir Adapter for by NN5 and NN6. Just wondering if you know what it is supposed to be?

Comment

Not sure I understand,

Here is how nadir adapter is mounted
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-aPgb-1ic

Here is how to use nadir adapter on a manual head, the same principle for automatic head
                            https://youtu.be/QFcGXLdfbH8?t=44
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Ah ok, thanks, I did not realise it turns around when the knob is loosened on this unit. Thought it was only to slide along the lower rotator

I am currently on C2E_12248 and went to update a few minutes ago using the hotspot option and it says No Updates found even though there is a C2E_12251

Comment

Might be something with hot-spot connection to Internet, please try again later.
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X