No announcement yet.

Nodal Ninja 6 P1 C2 Mecha with Nadir Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, but I felt my comment was a genuine comment and intended as constructive feedback but the message I got was anything that that might be considered a criticism is deleted and the poster gets punished by being banned? I did not say there were not going to be glitches and issues. I asked about a better user interface so we do not have to be programmers in the field. Yes, it is easy to set up a preset in the comfort of a studio with the user guide and videos that need to be watched several times when you have the time, but, this is not the case in actual field tests. When I am asked to suddenly use a different zoom lens and a different type of pano while in the field, it is not easy to figure out and not intuitive, thats all I asked to be considered....

Comment

Thank you for the feedback.

To change the focal length is easy in C2's OLED Menu,
      also you might consider making several presets in the comfort of the studio,
      you can have presets indexed from 020 to 089 when a preset is selected you can see immediately what focal length (even change it if you want)
      or what Exposure have, so is no guessing, nor is need extra help on the field, nor need to connect with the phone as well.

1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.

MECHA Support mecha(at)nodalninja.com

Comment

Originally posted by dmcneill View Post
        I asked about a better user interface so we do not have to be programmers in the field.
        Why you say that?
        is that your impression you have to be programmer to select a preset from a menu?

Never mind, you don't need to answer to these :)

Obviously one don't need to be a programmer to use MECHA,
        like any other programmable device, MECHA can be use easily within its menu, to go beyond that, being,
        say, a programmer might help, but that applies to other devices, like your phone, computer, there are always ways to extend the capabilities of that device by some sort of programming.

I'll recommend to use MECHA only for what you consider to be easy enough and comfortable enough for you.
        I'm ready to help on mecha(at)nodalninja.com with some extra advanced preset made to be ready to use, if needed.

DorinDXN
        Administrator
        Last edited by DorinDXN; November 4, 2021, 09:33 AM.
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

ok, this is going south quickly....and patronising...by the way, I am a programmer... I did not mention anything about needing to be a programmer to select a Preset.... All I asked was for a more intuitive user interface.

Comment

All clear now.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

What is the difficult part in this video? It is clear and logical. It is a bit concise, so you need to know what each input is for. After practicing a few times, you can quickly guess what each means. Using presets for different scenarios will save the input time. You only need to set the corners and the starting point.
              Having said that we can still have a Q&A input mode that will allow the user to slowly input all the parameters for the pano. This will allow users to shoot a pano without watching demo video or reading a manual.
              nick fan
              Manufacturer
              Last edited by nick fan; November 4, 2021, 10:16 PM.
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Would it also be possible to set up the partial panorama such that the zig zag is done per column instead of per row?
                Let's say one wants to take a panorama of a landscape during sunset or sunrise, one nneds to have shots in column as close to each other as possible because light conditions will change too fast if the pano will be taken rows by row.

BR Frank

Comment

I'll try to have it added in mk2, means before feb 1st 2022
                  1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

Hello, I take advantage of this thread for some doubts:
                    • Within a Preset, what is the AF option for? I use a Sony A7RIV, connected both the shutter and the PC Sync, by setting AF = MF I understand that it will use the camera's AF, but if I change it to another value greater than zero, it simply does nothing. I thought for a moment that for each shot I could automatically give the MECHA AF command to the camera, useful for gigapixel for example.
                    • Actually the cable from MECHA to the Camera just executes the shutter, right? It doesn't have any more features, right? This is why I don't understand what the AF parameter of the MECHA preset is for.
                    Thanks a lot. Greetings.

Comment

The value for AF in MECHA means the duration of the AF signal, i.e. AF and the ground of the shutter cable is closed for that amount of time before of the shutter release to be closed as well, camera needs to be in AF mode to interpret that, chances are that the camera to be in MF if nothing happens.

Yes, MECHA only closes the corresponding wires of AF and TRG to ground in the shutter release cable.

Another extra cable can be used in MECHA AUX port from PC-sync port from camera or via adapter for confirmation. i.e. a way to tell MECHA that the actual shutter occurred and ended.
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.

Comment

Thank you very much Dorin.

I explain the test carried out because it can help other users:

1. I already had the AF set on the camera and lens. But I had a button assigned on the camera to do the AF. That is, when I press the shutter of the camera directly it shoots without doing an AF. Since I do AF with the other button apart. I thought that the MECHA signal would affect the AF if I have it active. But it's not like that. In this configuration, MECHA gives the AF signal but the camera does not receive it.
                        2. Set the camera so that AF is done with the shutter. And in this way when MECHA sends the signal, then it does the AF correctly.

Thank you very much for the help.

Comment

Camera shutter release button is a 2-stage switch. Focus signal is always activated before the shutter release is activated. So in MF setting of MECHA, focus signal is also on briefly.
                          Not sure how assigning focus to other button will affect the shutter release cable behavior. I guess it just behaves like the camera shutter release button, right?
                          Fanotec
                          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Hi Nick, sorry for not replying sooner. I have been away this Christmas (plus 2 weeks with covid). At least in the case of the Sony A7rIV when I work landscape or panorama scenes I always have the focus button assigned to the AF-ON button on the camera, and not assigned to the shutter button. Because if I used the shutter button then I have to press just a little and it's more difficult to focus. So I de-assign the focus from the shutter button and assign it to a separate button (the AF-ON button on the camera), so it's easier to focus if you're careful to press half the button like you do on the shutter. I have performed the following test with the sony RMT-P1BT wireless controller. a) Focus with the shutter button activated: in this mode, the control works both by pressing the shutter button (halfway), and by pressing the AF-ON button that also comes separately. b) Focus with shutter button off: Now focus doesn't work when you press the shutter button (half-press) on the controller, but it does work when you press the AF-ON button on the controller. That is, the mode of operation is the same with the remote as with the camera. It is clear that when you disable focus with the shutter release, MECHA cannot focus the camera. I think it's a good clarification because I always have it disabled by default and when I tried the MECHA I went crazy. A note in the manual would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                            X