Feedback about Fast Shutter Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for testing.
    Sorry, I have no idea why is not working. When I'll have more info, I'll post here for sure.
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
      Thanks for testing.
      Sorry, I have no idea why is not working. When I'll have more info, I'll post here for sure.
      Does the AUX port on the C1 function the same as the AUX port on the C2?

Comment

• Yes, is the same,

is no need to test and post more until I'll have and provide more info.
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• "Shutter Confirmation via other MECHA" is unchecked?
          ​​​​​
          Fanotec
          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

• The 32313< tests local AUX port only,

When using the 32313< test, you can unplug the cable from hot shoe or PC-Sync port and short that end of the cable,
            or plug a wired remote in AUX port to test the detection, i.e. to see if the AUX port indeed detects when the circuit is closed by either camera, remote or by short.

If that works and with adapter doesn't, if the adapter has battery you can change the battery to see if that helps.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• Another optimization for shutter confirmation is published.

-------------------8<------------------------------------------

C2E_12288
              Optimizations of Shutter Confirmation feature.
              The Shutter Confirmation now works via other MECHA also for C2+, when camera and PC-Sync cable is connected to another C1/C2 mounted on hot shoe.

-------------------8<------------------------------------------

C1E_02288
              Optimizations of Shutter Confirmation feature.
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                "Shutter Confirmation via other MECHA" is unchecked?
                ​​​​​
                Yes

Comment

The 32313< tests local AUX port only,

When using the 32313< test, you can unplug the cable from hot shoe or PC-Sync port and short that end of the cable,
                  or plug a wired remote in AUX port to test the detection, i.e. to see if the AUX port indeed detects when the circuit is closed by either camera, remote or by short.

If that works and with adapter doesn't, if the adapter has battery you can change the battery to see if that helps.
                  Good ideas. I will run these tests on the C1. FYI, the "adapter" is a modified PC Sync cable that Nick provided. It uses two CR2032 batteries in series to increase the signal voltage to the level required by the camera. The batteries are not rechargeable. I will get some new batteries to see if that helps. The cable was working on the C2 with the older firmware. I will also test it with the newer firmware on the C2 to see if there is any change.

I see that C1E_02288 and C2E_12288 are now available. Are there any changes that could affect this problem?
                  Last edited by dzeek; 1 week ago.

Comment

• The latest FW should work better, please use the last FW in tests.
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• I replaced batteries in the custom PC Sync cable. I updated C1 and C2 to latest FW. I ran tests with 32313< local AUX port only. When shorting pins on PC Sync cable, Mecha would sometimes count more times than I shorted, but, maybe it's because I moved slightly when shorting. When using manual press of shutter button on camera, sometimes Mecha would not count all shutter presses. Is it possible that the signal timing when using the shutter is too fast or slow for Mecha to count? Another issue, is that on an earlier release of FW the C2 was working correctly with the shutter release and now it is not. Could some of the recent FW changes have created a problem on the C2?

Also, when testing with a preset, if the Mecha does not count a shutter confirmation then it displays "Waiting" and hangs and has to be rebooted to recover.

Comment

• Manual short is just to check if the aux port is working, you can have micro contacts which can be counted extra..

If the test doesn't work with cable or via adapter then we'll list as not supported for this particular camera and recommend using
                        Button confirmation instead.

BTN > C.
                        and
                        BTN > CT

Do not use SHT C. nor SHT C1

Sorry for the trouble caused.
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Manual short is just to check if the aux port is working, you can have micro contacts which can be counted extra..

If the test doesn't work with cable or via adapter then we'll list as not supported for this particular camera and recommend using
                          Button confirmation instead.

BTN > C.
                          and
                          BTN > CT

Do not use SHT C. nor SHT C1

Sorry for the trouble caused.
                          But, why was it working correctly with earlier firmware on C2? I think it should be supported.

Also, what "adapter" are you referring to??

Comment

• For the shutter confirmation a pc-sync cable is used from camera's pc-sync port
                            if there is no such port, a hot-shoe adapter to pc-sync can be used
                            in your case there is also an adapter with battery.

shutter confirmation should work flawlessly with no fail as many times as needed, if sometimes it won't work then is better to list as unsupported,
                            if button confirmation is used instead there will be no chance to fail as opposite to shutter confirmation if turns out that sometimes doesn't work.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• This is the last effort I'll do for this situation

I'll add in config two ways for shutter confirmation,
                              the latest which is better and faster (default), and the old one was in C2 FW in previous FW,

You'll be able to check either one in /config and use test ,if it fails on both then is nothing I can do software related,
                              the solution may come, however, from hardware a better battery powered adapter, better cable, so on..

if it turns out that works, then will be the recommended setting for certain cameras.

1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• Thank you. Please add the two ways in C1 and C2. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X