Feedback about Fast Shutter Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
    For the shutter confirmation a pc-sync cable is used from camera's pc-sync port
    if there is no such port, a hot-shoe adapter to pc-sync can be used
    in your case there is also an adapter with battery.

shutter confirmation should work flawlessly with no fail as many times as needed, if sometimes it won't work then is better to list as unsupported,
    if button confirmation is used instead there will be no chance to fail as opposite to shutter confirmation if turns out that sometimes doesn't work.
    The adapter for testing is a crude one. I am making a better one.
    Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

• I found the explanation about why the initial Fast Shutter Confirmation (FSC) doesn't work on some C1 but works on C2
      here is the conclusion:

1) initial FSC might not work in C1, if it has FW C1M_01137 or earlier, (it is visible in /config at the bottom of the page)
      C1M firmware can be updated at service only, cannot be updated via Internet

2) the New Shutter Confirmation (NSC) works on both C1 and C2 regardless of FW version.

3) as was reported, for some camera(s) (when) the adapter with battery is used, it seems that only the initial FSC works

4) Will be an update today, adding in /config

[x] Use New Shutter Confirmation (enabled by default)

that should work on all C1 and C2.
      if is the case of (3) ,
      and camera needs the initial FSC, then
      [ ] Use New Shutter Confirmation should be disabled,
      and if is the case of a MECHA C1 with FW C1M_01137, or earlier, might not work unless the unit is updated at service.
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

It is published

--------------8<------------------------------------------------------------------

C2E_12289, C0E_02289

Added in /config
        it will be used in both shutter confirmation and test of shutter confirmation.
        If the test fails, please try with this option disabled as well.
        Use E:SHT C1 or E:SHT C. only if the test has success,
        otherwise use the Button Confirmation instead, like E:BTN > C. or E:BTN > CT

1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I found the explanation about why the initial Fast Shutter Confirmation (FSC) doesn't work on some C1 but works on C2
          here is the conclusion:

1) initial FSC might not work in C1, if it has FW C1M_01137 or earlier, (it is visible in /config at the bottom of the page)
          C1M firmware can be updated at service only, cannot be updated via Internet

2) the New Shutter Confirmation (NSC) works on both C1 and C2 regardless of FW version.

3) as was reported, for some camera(s) (when) the adapter with battery is used, it seems that only the initial FSC works

that should work on all C1 and C2.
          if is the case of (3) ,
          and camera needs the initial FSC, then
          [ ] Use New Shutter Confirmation should be disabled,
          and if is the case of a MECHA C1 with FW C1M_01137, or earlier, might not work unless the unit is updated at service.
          Thank you. I will test it. Could you clarify some things, please:

1. In the case of MECHA C1 with FW C1M_01137 and (3), what determines whether "[ ] Use New Shutter Confirmation should be disabled" will work or will not work?

2. In the case of MECHA C1, two firmware versions are shown at the bottom: C1E_02289 and C1M_01137. What are the purposes of the two firmware?

3. What is different about the way "initial FSC" works vs. the way "NSC" works?

Thank you

Comment

• 1) Please test it, if it work with that setting enabled, if not work test with it disabled, then use it if in one way or another works.

2) MECHA has two MCUs inside, one has C1E_.. FW and another has C1M_... FW

3) FSC requires C1M_01138 or newer, while NSC works with older C1_M, the difference is how those two MCUs operate.

this is all I can say about these questions.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• C2 seems to work with C2E_12289 and "[ ] Use New Shutter Confirmation" disabled. Requires testing with more shooting scenarios to be confident.

C1 does not work with C1E_02289 and "[ ] Use New Shutter Confirmation" enabled or disabled.

C1 has MECHA FW C1M_01137. How to make it work?
              Last edited by dzeek; July 24, 2021, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• To make it work, ATM I see two options:

1) update the C1M_ FW at service/authorized dealer, do not know how that is easy or hard, depending on location and shipment costs.

or, there is another hope, as Nick kindly said that he's working on a better adapter..
                2) a better adapter may work with C1M_01137 with NSC enabled.
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

To make it work, ATM I see two options:

1) update the C1M_ FW at service/authorized dealer, do not know how that is easy or hard, depending on location and shipment costs.

or, there is another hope, as Nick kindly said that he's working on a better adapter..
                  2) a better adapter may work with C1M_01137 with NSC enabled.
                  DorinDXN Thank you for your help and support.

nick fan Re:
                  1) I use my C1 Mecha so may not be able to afford the downtime to ship it for C1M_FW upgrade. Would it be possible for you to ship me a new one and I will return my existing one after I receive it? I could pay a fee for the upgrade.

2) Will the new version of the PC Sync cable you are working on work with C1M_01137 using either the Initial FSC or NSC?

Thank you

Comment

• The hope is for the new adapter to work with NSC enabled I, from my tests C1M_01137 will not work with initial FSC (NSC disabled)
                    that explain your report about FSC not working with C1, (C2 has a newer C2_M that's why it worked)

and, maybe, other's experience, Thomas, who had no success with FSC, just maybe.
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

The hope is for the new adapter to work with NSC enabled I, from my tests C1M_01137 will not work with initial FSC (NSC disabled)
                      that explain your report about FSC not working with C1, (C2 has a newer C2_M that's why it worked)

and, maybe, other's experience, Thomas, who had no success with FSC, just maybe.
                      What is different about the C2_M that enables it to work with FSC?

How is NSC better than FSC?

Comment

• Is just that C2's were shipped with a newer C2M_ as C2 is a new entry
                        you may look at your C2 to see what version of C2M_ has

NSC is different than FSC in such way that for NSC no need to have C1M_ as new, but works the same neither one is better,
                        but being different may work (better) with some particular cameras, so better to have them both as options.

1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• Originally posted by dzeek View Post

nick fan Re:
                          1) I use my C1 Mecha so may not be able to afford the downtime to ship it for C1M_FW upgrade. Would it be possible for you to ship me a new one and I will return my existing one after I receive it? I could pay a fee for the upgrade.

2) Will the new version of the PC Sync cable you are working on work with C1M_01137 using either the Initial FSC or NSC?

Thank you
                          We need to find a way to do it economically. We will see how it works with a new hotshoe adapter at >4.5V first.
                          Fanotec
                          We listen. We try harder.

Comment

It is published

--------------8<------------------------------------------------------------------

C2E_12289, C0E_02289

Added in /config
                            it will be used in both shutter confirmation and test of shutter confirmation.
                            If the test fails, please try with this option disabled as well.
                            Use E:SHT C1 or E:SHT C. only if the test has success,
                            otherwise use the Button Confirmation instead, like E:BTN > C. or E:BTN > CT
                            I have (had) a working setup with FW: C102241
                            Now that I updated the FW to C1_02289 it won't work any longer

My settings:
                            Camera used: Canon EOS R with PC hotshoe cable connected to Mecha H
                            3 TRG
                            MF
                            W: 0sec
                            B: 1 sec
                            M: 1
                            E: SHT C.

Now in /config the option [x] Use New Shutter Confirmation is enabled by default.

FW changes shouldn't make current setups obsolete. This is very user unfriendly way of updating a product.

Meanwhile there are so much different manuals that I do not have an overview where (if any) I can find some detailed infos about the abbreviations:
                            E: SHT C, E: SHT C1, E: BTN> C, E: BTN> C1

I do not remeber from the abbreviation alone what the meaning is and how I have to set the camera accordingly. Also I am tired of searching here in the forums where a new function was explained such as the test of shutter confirmation.
                            I'm not willing to be any longer a beta tester. I finally want a final product.

Frank

Comment

• Please disable the [x] Use New Shutter Confirmation, it should work as before.

1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• [x] Use New Shutter Confirmation was just introduced (wasn't before),
                                is enabled by default because is more optimized and works better in most cases,
                                but is true I should have it disabled to be no changes as before,
                                I recommended a test and use it in the way that work (enabled or not) I should have stressed that.
                                I'll fix that in the next FW update to be disabled so the user will enable only if want it.
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X