No announcement yet.

Feedback about Fast Shutter Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a PC Sync cable connected to MECHA-H as well?

for this to work, on MECHA-H you need to have
    1) one cable from MECHA Cam port to Camera remote port
    and
    2) one cable from Camera PC Sync port ( or adapter) to MECHA AUX port
    thus you'll have two cables connecting MECHA-H with Camera, as is a two way communication.
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

ok, now I get it, No I don't have sync port cable. will try later when I get the cable (after I figure out if it can be used with Z7).. Thanx
      Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
      Riyadh in Panoramas

Comment

Originally posted by hdraye View Post
        Hi
        Using Nikon Z7 ... the upper and lower leds on the mecha light up permanently, even after a reboot.
        With the option enabled only the first frame is triggered, after that the mecha waits forever.
        This exactly is what happened to me with my defective cable. After fixing that the both LEDs were on after enabling the option but turned off after first flash signal. Maybe this LED behavior could be fixed sometime, but repairing the cable fixed it for me.

Comment

I'll fix the LED issue tomorrow.
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Currently i work with two cameras. On the EOS R shutter confirmation ... is confirmed. :-) But on the Sony Alpha 6000 i currently don't use this feature. But when i enabled fast shutter confirmation in mecha options this is set for all cameras connected to the mecha, right? Wouldn't it be nice to save some settings as a (selectable) camera profile or would you note this for future firmware?

Comment

Quickly, in next FW update, MECHA will detect if PC Sync is plugged in and will use or not Fast Shutter Confirmation.

If there is cable plugged in, currently are two Shutter Confirmation, Old, based on signal level, and the newest (Fast) based of counting which is beta,
              this will be unified in a single one, of course, most likely the fast one.

About flexibility I'll think of camera profiles and will be at some point, sooner than that an entry for E: delay will specify whether or not Fast Confirmation should be used, so until camera profiles are available, you'll be able to have preset with Fast confirmation and other with not.
              This will also be covered by upcoming Smart Delay, from the upcoming MECHA Smart Features, basically you'll tell MECHA to move to next step and MECHA will figure out what happened, was shutter confirmation or not.. things like that..and proceed accordingly for the rest of preset.
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                As a note, currently this is affecting the E: delay in MECHA
                for other reasons, like vibration, delays to avoid buffer full, or time for pole to stop wobbling the other delays can be used but usually they don't depend on exposure, instead on other factors,
                though for vibration, some circuitry can be added on AUX cable (chained), I can image simple vibration sensor in parallel with the sync signal, so on..
                I tested some vibration (or more accurately "shock") sensors, they don't provide enough sensitivity needed to reduce motion blur. A multi DOF IMU will be needed. Probably better to integrate this into a full featured camera remote device than a "hot-shoe signal detector".

Nick

Fanotec
                We listen. We try harder.

Comment

A vibration (shock) sensor is made from a resistor, a spring coil and a weight.

Maybe is the time for Fanotec Vibration Sensor which will beat any IMU
                  just because will be designed and tested exactly for Fanotec heads
                  the weight can be even screw driven thus having adjustable sensitivity.

"designed for CameRrRrRas " :)

1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Quickly, in next FW update, MECHA will detect if PC Sync is plugged in and will use or not Fast Shutter Confirmation.

If there is cable plugged in, currently are two Shutter Confirmation, Old, based on signal level, and the newest (Fast) based of counting which is beta,
                    this will be unified in a single one, of course, most likely the fast one.
                    Some are already in FW 02223

-----------8<---------------------------

C1E_02223
                    Addressed an issue regarding A: delay in MSS with single position on row like 0x1, 60x1 and in other situations when an extra A: delay was produced for simple movements with no shots.

Shutter Confirmation, added an entry on E: delay list,
                    "E:SHT C."
                    and only when this entry is selected the shutter confirmation will be used, either regular or Fast (beta)

If Fast Shutter confirmation is enabled, the PC Sync cable needs to be inserted before powering MECHA ON, or before [Apply] in /config.
                    MECHA will detect if the PC Sync cable is present and use Fast Shutter Confirmation only if is present, therefore if a wired remote is used to emulate shutter confirmation, please press full and hold its button when clicking on [Apply] then release it after 2 seconds or more.

1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I just learn that not all the PC Sync cable are the same, some have 2 pole others have 3 pole jack.
                      The auto detect above assumes 2 pole jack.

Will be a solution for 3 pole as well.
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Considering the many possibilities of cable design and accessory combinations, it is not easy to auto detect the pc sync cable.
                        it is not needed in fact. Whether it is enabled or not is saved with a preset. One just needs to make a preset for each case. Eg Use button [1], [2] or [3] + [<] for SHT C,
                        and [0][1], [0][2] or [0][3] + [<] for NO SHT C.
                        Fanotec

Comment

A vibration (shock) sensor is made from a resistor, a spring coil and a weight.

Maybe is the time for Fanotec Vibration Sensor which will beat any IMU
                          just because will be designed and tested exactly for Fanotec heads
                          the weight can be even screw driven thus having adjustable sensitivity.

"designed for CameRrRrRas " :)
                          maybe I can custom make a super sensitive shock sensor for shake detention. 🧐
                          The sensor is for detecting shake caused by the head movement, by winds, or by floor vibration etc.
                          A number of sensors with different sensitivity can be linked together and individually selected.
                          however, it still can hardly detect slow constant speed movement.

Fanotec

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                            Considering the many possibilities of cable design and accessory combinations, it is not easy to auto detect the pc sync cable.
                            it is not needed in fact. Whether it is enabled or not is saved with a preset. One just needs to make a preset for each case. Eg Use button [1], [2] or [3] + [<] for SHT C,
                            and [0][1], [0][2] or [0][3] + [<] for NO SHT C.
                            Sure, the solution will be to override the auto detection result in the future,
                            For less trouble in using ASAP, in next FW today the auto detection will be disabled.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

How does the Mecha differentiate whether the IR receiver or the PC cable is plugged in? I tried this out and it does not recognize both units connected. I connected the IR-remote cable first, then the PC-cable (and reboooted the device) and if i start a preset with E=SHT C. it will be ignored and the Mecha moves without waiting for the confirmation.

IR remote is working fine.

Klicke auf die Grafik f?r eine vergr??erte Ansicht  Name: Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-24 um 08.47.12 AM.png Ansichten: 0 Gr??e: 1,22 MB ID: 33592
                              Last edited by msimons; April 23, 2021, 11:50 PM.

Comment

The detection of the IR receiver is made by a dedicated procedure.

The detection of the PC Sync checks if a 2 pole jack is inserted in AUX port directly, not via IR adapter.
                                This detection will be disabled today until a simple way to override the detection in preset will be implemented.

That's mean the Fast Shutter Confirmation will work and the user will take care
                                1) to have the proper cable inserted
                                or
                                2) to not select E: SHT C. delay in that particular preset.
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X