Feedback about Fast Shutter Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand.

So the combination of IR-receiver and Fast Shutter Confirmation ist currently not possible because th IR-cable has four contacts? If i don't select E: SHT C. in the needed preset, how could Fast Shutter Conf. work then?
    Last edited by msimons; April 24, 2021, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I'll check and tell today.
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by msimons View Post
        So the combination of IR-receiver and Fast Shutter Confirmation is currently not possible because the IR-cable has four contacts? If i don't select E: SHT C. in the needed preset, how could Fast Shutter Conf. work then?
        with detection disabled the number of contacts will not affect the Fast Shuter Confirmation
        What I'll need to check is if currently both IR and FSC works as "multi-tasking" or I'll need to temporarily disable IR only during the E: delay then enable it and that needs to be done and added later.

The question mark is on "currently" :)
        1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Just checked, is the later.

So FSC works but disables IR as whole, So I'll need to "mix" small chances to be done today as is already a long today.
          But we can hope.

I'll post here how (and when) it will be, today.
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

It is not important, enjoy the sunny weekend. I'm just playing around with my Mecha from time to time but the FSC is such a great new feature that I've been playing with the Mecha regularly for the last few days. I should stop by here more often so as not to miss the news :-)

Comment

Just go straight into the next firmware design optimized for no shutter signal. Aux port will listen to any signal from a pc sync cable. It will assume sht c is enabled and wait until a press of either [<] or [>] from users, which signals a successful capture of the bracketed sequence. So either the shutter signals or the user will tell Mecha when to move to next position.
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                This will also be covered by upcoming Smart Delay, from the upcoming MECHA Smart Features, basically you'll tell MECHA to move to next step and MECHA will figure out what happened, was shutter confirmation or not.. things like that..and proceed accordingly for the rest of preset.
                Sure thing, that's what I meant with the above.

1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

FSC works now with NN IR Remote

-------8<--------------------------------------------------

C1E_02225
                  Some small changes in the beep routine, MECHA may sound a bit different, this is normal.

Fast Shutter Confirmation (FSC), if enabled, will work with IR remote, provided the correct adapter is used to have both IR receiver and PC Sync Cable connected to AUX port.

For MECHA DAC only: As FSC is still beta, please use in MECHA-DAC-H AUX port if in MECHA-DAC-V doesn't work.
                  1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hello,

I do not fully understand the FSC with regard to AEB shots when I set my camera for three bracketed HDR shots in camera. Each shot for example 2EV apart. Will the camera only command the shutter confirmation after the last shot of the three bracketed shots or does the FSC feature in Mecha count the confirmations in this case 3 and only proceed further when 3 confirmations came in. If the latter is the case how will Mecha FSC feature know when I set my camera to 5 or 7 bracketed shots?

kind regards
                    Frank

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post
                      Hello,

I do not fully understand the FSC with regard to AEB shots when I set my camera for three bracketed HDR shots in camera. Each shot for example 2EV apart. Will the camera only command the shutter confirmation after the last shot of the three bracketed shots or does the FSC feature in Mecha count the confirmations in this case 3 and only proceed further when 3 confirmations came in. If the latter is the case how will Mecha FSC feature know when I set my camera to 5 or 7 bracketed shots?

kind regards
                      Frank
                      In current version of firmware, you set the number of trigger for each position (instead of 1). You set camera to AEB and manual advance. Not sure if it works for automatic (continuous) advance or not. It will be supported when this feature is matured.

Nick
                      Fanotec

Comment

As Nick said, in current version you need to set camera for one press of button for each shot in bracketed series.
                        e.g. for 5 bracketed shots you need to set camera to

a) press 5 times on shutter button to take those 5 shots
                        in MECHA you need to set TRG 5 and E: SHT C.

in next FW update today, you'll be able to set TRG 5 and E: SHT C1 which will allow you to set camera to
                        b) press 1 time on shutter button to take those 5 shots

How you currently use camera (a) or (b) ?

1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hi. Thank you Nick and Dorin.
                          Currently I‘m using my camera in mode b). And I set the E delay accordingly. Until now I do not use STC as i do not have a PC Sync cable. But I plan to purchase one to be able to take advantage of this new feature.

Frank

Comment

continuous advance with long press of shutter release button or 2s timer should be the norm. ;-)
                            Fanotec

Comment

Originally posted by FrankD View Post
                              Currently I‘m using my camera in mode b).
                              Now both (a) and (b) are supported
                              for (a) TRG same as the number of shots in camera and E: SHT C.
                              for (b) TRG same as the number of shots in camera and E: SHT C1

in both cases MECHA will automatically and internally stretch the E: delay to match with the confirmations came from Camera

-------8<---------------------------------

C1E_02226

Fast Shutter Confirmation (FSC):
                              Added [E: SHT C1] delay in UI, it works the same as [E: SHT C.] but MECHA sends only One Signal to Camera and waits for TRG confirmations, this is useful when you have camera set for bracketing to press one time on button and camera takes automatically the whole bracketing set.
                              For DAC, and for now, this will work on MECHA-H-DAC only.
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Since there have been some changes,

I'll summarize here*, if you need more info please ask

1) Fast Shutter Confirmation (FSC) requires PC Sync. cable to be plugged in AUX port of C2 or MECHA-Single or MECHA-H-DAC, directly or via the provided IR splitter
                                2) Optionally**, if you want MECHA to trigger the Camera, a remote cable to be plugged in Cam Port and to Camera.
                                3) It requires [x] Enable Fast Shutter Confirmation to be thicken in /config of C2 or MECHA-Single or MECHA-H-DAC.
                                4-a) if you set camera to need multiple triggers for multiple shots, i.e. manual advance, you need to select [ E: SHT C.]
                                4-b) if you set camera to need one trigger for multiple shots, i.e. automatic advance, you need to select [ E: SHT C1 ] in preset
                                5) MECHA will need the confirmations received to be the same as TRG, so for 5 shoots to be taken at one position
                                (it could be from a bracketing set, or just multiple shots) TRG needs to be 5.
                                6) MECHA will wait for those confirmations to came, all of them, to continue to next position.

the above is for regular use

You can ignore the follow

* This for current status only, for feedback, with MECHA SF which will be available this week, there will be no need to set TRG , nor to use UI, MECHA will figure out what you want based on the profile active for that unit, you'll need to set in camera only, and press some (or no) buttons on MECHA and that only if you want to change the way of shooting from the last session.
                                Users of C2 know already that C2 starts quickly now in last preset used,
                                SF will be similar with that but for all controllers and more automated especially with PC Sync. enabled cameras, at beginning, then for all.

** For creative use, please note that is not necessary need that that the AUX to come from PC Sync, nor the Camera remote cable to be connected.
                                e.g. you can confirm manually, from a remote or, and/or trigger camera manually, or have inter-chained a remote in remote cable, so on..
                                you can consider that PC Sync is, at least, needed to be present.
                                1. Mecha it possible.
                                2. Mecha it easy.
                                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                                X