No announcement yet.

Feedback about Fast Shutter Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to ask a quite important question, however the answer I thought will come from testing and feedback, but still..

Does anyone have PC Sync cable and is not possible to have this feature working because of camera limitations?

If yes, which model of camera and how it behave actually?
    Assuming FW (1)2226 for all controllers.

I might guide for some particular test, depending on a particular behavior.

Thank you!
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Make sure that you enable the hot shoe if using the hotshoe to aux with oc sync cable.

Comment

Today i started testing the fast shutter confirmation. Worked well for the most part, but there was one point where C2 stopped firing the shutter (the rotator would advance only after i pressed the shutter on camera). After the sequnce was done the c2 turned itself off. I had to remove a battery and restart it.

Tested with average and very slow speeds. It waited for the brackets to finish before advancing.

Nikon D7200

Comment

Originally posted by KatherineG View Post
          there was one point where C2 stopped firing the shutter (the rotator would advance only after i pressed the shutter on camera). After the sequnce was done the c2 turned itself off. I had to remove a battery and restart it.

Nikon D7200
          To prevent that happening again

Assuming you use recent FW please do these steps, need to do only once with a set of battery

1) Charge full the batteries
          2) Insert the batteries in the C2's battery holder.
          3) Power ON C2
          4a) If starts with P Menu, press short [≡] to switch to C Menu then navigate with arrow buttons to page 14 [BATT WARNING.. ]
          4b) If doesn't starts with P Menu, press long [≡], then short [≡] until you to switch to C Menu then navigate with arrow buttons to page 14 [BATT WARNING.. ]
          5) then press [+] and [-] until the minimum voltage is shown, 12.00 should be fine or higher if you want to get warned at higher voltage
          6) press [o], the middle button

Now MECHA will warn when the battery reaches that level, also you'll see the battery level shown on top-left on OLED
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post

Now both (a) and (b) are supported
            for (a) TRG same as the number of shots in camera and E: SHT C.
            for (b) TRG same as the number of shots in camera and E: SHT C1

in both cases MECHA will automatically and internally stretch the E: delay to match with the confirmations came from Camera

-------8<---------------------------------

C1E_02226

Fast Shutter Confirmation (FSC):
            Added [E: SHT C1] delay in UI, it works the same as [E: SHT C.] but MECHA sends only One Signal to Camera and waits for TRG confirmations, this is useful when you have camera set for bracketing to press one time on button and camera takes automatically the whole bracketing set.
            For DAC, and for now, this will work on MECHA-H-DAC only.
            Today I received my PC sync cable and the hot shoe adapter where the PC connector fits in.
            Unfortunately the Canaon EOS M5 does not support AEB when the camera recognizes a flash (in this case the hot shoe adapter).
            When the hot shoe adapter is in place and I go into the menu for setting AEB, the camera tells me: " AEB is not available with flash or longtime exposure (bulb)"

I'm really disappointed from Canon that they always feel the need to cripple lower marketed camera models when other models does allow this function. My EOS R does support AEB when the hot shoe adapter is in place.
            So my only chance is to use E: and B: parameters manually to account for the 2sec shutterdelay and the exposure time for all AEB shots together.

Frank

Comment

There were added two new confirmations in latest FW, by buttons, that not even require PC Sync,
              e.g.with BTN CT you only need to confirm once at start of the preset.

About EOS M5, might be a hope with Magic Lantern, is a popular hack for Canon cameras, often enables the locked features,
              worth having a look.
              1. Mecha it possible.
              2. Mecha it easy.
              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

There were added two new confirmations in latest FW, by buttons, that not even require PC Sync,

About EOS M5, might be a hope with Magic Lantern, is a popular hack for Canon cameras, often enables the locked features,
                worth having a look.
                Sometimes I like to do panoramas from a height where I can't reach the buttons from Mecha or do you mean buttons within the UI?

I'm not a friend of using magic lantern.

I think I will switch away from the EOS M5 with 22mm lens to EOS R with 35mm as my goto configuration.

Frank

Edit: I just played with AEB configured in my EOS M5 camera and with the parameters B; M, E and A. With M: 1,0.5,2 I only have to set E to the sum of the 3 AEB exposures and it will work fine for me. I saved the settings of these parameters in my preset for 360 Spheres with the 22mm focal length.
                Last edited by FrankD; May 2, 2021, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Is about the buttons of MECHA controller or NN IR Remote, I will add UI as well in future FW updates.
                  1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

E SHT C. works for me everytime and this is a great feature. Thank you!
                    E SHT C1 won't work. Both when the camera is in continuous shooting mode or in self-timer mode, the mecha triggers only one image, then continues turning and does not pay attention to the camera, which is still busy with the first sequence.

I didn't understand the new button functions at first, that should be better explained. I had tried to try them with the PC sync cable plugged in, but neither mode worked. Only when I unplugged the cable I could try the functions, but only with the buttons on the mecha.

As soon as a sequence was started, the mecha did not react to the remote control, which could be seen by the absence of the red led on the receiver part. you can switch the further rotation of the camera exclusively with the button on the mecha. only after completion of the round, the remote control is recognized again. I don't really like pressing the mecha during the recording and accidentally moving the camera.
                    Last edited by msimons; May 1, 2021, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Please try BTN confirmation without PC Sync Cable and without [x] Fast Shutter Confirmation enabled in config.

The confirmation can be done by either MECHA's button [>] or NN IR Remote's button [>]
                      1. Mecha it possible.
                      2. Mecha it easy.
                      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I deactivated FSC and now the Button functions are working. These are now my favs because they also work with my sony which doesn't support FSC. It would be nice if the saved interval (with BTN CT) would apply to the following panoramas

Comment

Glad to read that :)

Indeed the learned delays will be available to use for the following panoramas, this is part of the upcoming Smart Features for MECHA,
                          planned to be released in April but some bugs and other features like better battery capacity and better Menu on OLED for C2, got higher priority.
                          All these confirmations, upcoming auto leveling and partial panoramas selection are the basic ingredients of MECHA SF.
                          1. Mecha it possible.
                          2. Mecha it easy.
                          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

worth having a look.
                            Hi Dorin,

can you please explain how to teach Mecha DAC the delay with the help of the BTN CT function. I tried to get FSC running with my EOS R and the PC Sync cable. Wasn't able to get it working instead I ended up with two Mechas that did not pair any longer. Costs me a lot of nerves to setup the pairing again. The pairing is ok again, but I do not know how to use the BTN CT function. Do I need to set TRG to the number of bracketed shots as well?
                            I set my EOS R to 3 bracketed shots and set the 2s selftimer on to automatically advance through the three bracketed shots.
                            Currently I'm using a simple testscript with only 3 vertical positions (SL,72x1,36x1,0x1) and the camera is placed on my desk for my convenience to operate the camera.
                            The camera is connected via shutter release cable to the cam port of Mecha-H, no PC Snyc cable and FSC is not configured in /config

kind regards
                            Frank

Comment

-----------8<-----------------

C1E_02228
                              Added Button confirmation option for E: delay.
                              [ E: BTN > C. ] MECHA will wait, after any trigger, the confirmation with button [>] of Controller or NN IR Remote to continue.
                              [ E: BTN > CT ] MECHA will wait only TRG confirmations with button [>], then will use the learned delay(s) to finish the preset.
                              An option to have the learned delays persistent for later use will be added soon.

-----------8<-----------------

For [ E: BTN > CT ]
                              this mean that if you have set TRG 1 MECHA will wait for 1 singe confirmation and will use that delay to finish the preset

If you have TRG 3, MECHA will wait for 3 confirmations thus will learn 3 delays which will be used to finis the preset.

If you have camera set to:

a) take automatically 3 bracketed shoots at 1 single press of camera button, then you need to have TRG 1
                              MECHA will trigger and you'll confirm after all those 3 shoots are taken by pressing button [>] and then will continue by triggering by itself once per position with learned delay.

or

b) take 3 bracketed shoots if you press camera button 3 times, then you need to set TRG 3
                              MECHA will trigger 3 times and after each trigger will wait confirmation with [>], and then will continue by triggering by itself 3 times per position with the learned delays .
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Hi Dorin,
                                thank you.

Version a) works fine for me.
                                I was not suret to set TRG to 3 or 1 when camera is set to 2s selftimer with automatic advance through the 3 exposures.

Frank

Comment

Working...
                                X