No announcement yet.

Feedback about Fast Shutter Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, there is a long motor cable attached. It is not that great.
    Preferably, it should have hot shoe contact integrated. Probably much better to make a new device with a wire to draw power from the main controller instead of one with battery. What do you think?
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
      hmm, there is a long motor cable attached. It is not that great.
      Preferably, it should have hot shoe contact integrated. Probably much better to make a new device with a wire to draw power from the main controller instead of one with battery. What do you think?
      I think a new device is needed for customers without an existing, extra C1, but it would be ideal to also have a kit or adapter so a customer who already has a C1 could use it as a remote camera controller without having to send it back to the factory for modification or if they wanted the flexibility to use the C1 as a Mecha controller or camera remote. I realize it may not be feasible to make an adapter or user conversion kit. If not, then maybe Fanotec could offer a prepaid Fedex shipping label that would help and make it easier to return it to the factory for conversion. Then all the customer has to do is pack it and drop it off at a Fedex shipping location. No customs documents would be required. The cost could be included in the charge for the conversion.
      Last edited by dzeek; June 9, 2021, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dzeek View Post

Camera setting is 1) CONTINUOUS - press one time and it will take 3 shots

Enable Fast Shutter Confirmation - already enabled

In preset, E:SHT C1 - already selected

In preset, Number of triggers was set to "1 TRG" because User Manual says the following:

"TRG — Number of camera triggers for each position. Select zero if no trigger is needed. When using automatic exposure bracketing in continuous shooting or self-timer mode, MECHA treats it as 1 trigger." My camera is set to automatic exposure bracketing in continuous shooting (see above camera settings).

If I change to "3 TRG" it works. Is the User Manual incorrect or the Mecha is not working correctly?
        I'm having a problem. After, changing to "3 TRG", the Mecha interprets my script as single "Ring" instead of "Row". Not sure if I changed something else in advertently or if it is a different issue. Please see settings in attached screenshots:
        Attached Files

Comment

Please tap on [Single] and change it to [Scripted]
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
            Please tap on [Single] and change it to [Scripted]
            Thank you.

Comment

We plan to integrate MECHA with smart remote controls that communicate with the camera.
              However, it is easy to make an adapter for hot shoe mount and some may have extra C1s already. We can have this as a perfect intermediate solution.

nick
              I don't have c1. If c1 is only used as a wireless signal transmitter, I think it is a bit wasteful and a bit expensive. If there is a smaller and cheaper device to solve it, it is best. Of course, if the manufacturing cost of the factory is too high , I can also accept c1 as a transition plan.

Comment

I'm sure you'll be very happy with C1 on hot-shoe.
                For sure Nick, as always, will provide great solution for the investment, with an easy kit to adapt C1 on hot-shoe by customer, and you'll find all the C1 does useful as well, I'm watching this space, C1 will be best friend for both customers, cameras and other devices.

MECHA C1, your powerful friend!
                1. Mecha it possible.
                2. Mecha it easy.
                3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Good to know. I can make better one with 1.5V button cells.
                  Are you using a hot shoe adapter or a PC Sync port?
                  Nick

Thank you. That would be much appreciated. I'm using the PC Sync port.
                  Hi Nick. Is there something further you need from me to provide this cable? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dzeek View Post

Hi Nick. Is there something further you need from me to provide this cable? Thank you.
                    I made a better sample. But I can't locate it right now. I am also trying a neater design.
                    Fanotec

Comment

• Originally posted by nick fan View Post

I made a better sample. But I can't locate it right now. I am also trying a neater design.
                      Hi Nick. Any update?

Comment

• Prototype of new hot shoe adapter for shutter confirmation is almost ready. There is a battery housing for cameras that require >4.5V for flash detention.
                        MECHA uses 3.3V for the interfaces.
                        There is a neat adapter for mounting C1 controller on a camera hot shoe too.
                        Fanotec

Comment

• Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                          Prototype of new hot shoe adapter for shutter confirmation is almost ready. There is a battery housing for cameras that require >4.5V for flash detention.
                          MECHA uses 3.3V for the interfaces.
                          There is a neat adapter for mounting C1 controller on a camera hot shoe too.
                          That sounds great! When do you expect the actual product to be available (ie. non-protoype)?

Comment

• Does the C1-E1 single axis support Fast Shutter Confirmation? If so, what are the settings required?
                            Last edited by dzeek; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Running the FW C1E_02241 you still need to enable it in /config (will be no need for that when C1 catch up with C2 regarding FW)

you need to use the MECHA-H's AUX port and in preset use either E:SHT C. or E:SHT C1
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

• Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                                Running the FW C1E_02241 you still need to enable it in /config (will be no need for that when C1 catch up with C2 regarding FW)

you need to use the MECHA-H's AUX port and in preset use either E:SHT C. or E:SHT C1
                                I have enabled in Config but it doesn't work. I'm using it with the same camera (Fuji GFX100S), PC Sync cable (that Nick provided) and camera settings that worked on my DAC C2-E2. On the C1-E1 the first shot is triggered but Mecha does not advance to the next position.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by dzeek; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X