Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the C2 USB Port used for?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is the C2 USB Port used for?

    1.Can I connect to a power bank? There is no explanation in the user's guide.


    2.Another question:What is the part shown in the picture?

  • #2
    USB port Is used for programming/debugging, not much for user,

    It is not recommended to be plugged in on USB on PC.

    if a power bank is plugged in
    usb port will power the controller only, not the motors, so it can be
    used for setting-up the presets the preset also can be launched
    and controller will do its job, you'll see degrees of movement so on,
    just like the real thing except the motors will not move, only
    pretend to be moving.
    Also it can help at changing the battery mid-run*, like:
    1) power through usb
    2) pause the running preset, (with pause or < button)
    3) move in parking with down button (because the motor will be disabled
    when changing the external battery, upper rail will "fall" if remains
    up).
    4) change the battery
    5) press up for upper rail to go back in position before battery change
    6) remove the usb cable
    7) press > or pause to continue.

    *a power splitter cable is provided to have 4 battery as 2 + 2 in
    parallel, in which case the battery can be changed any time, from only
    ​​​​​​one set at a time, ofc., this this is easier than the above described.

    the black button is to lock the rotator when is screwed on tripod, or anything attached to it.
    is like an internal hook, press and turn the rotator, it will disengage when the motor it will turn or if released.
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

    4. ..

    Comment


    • #3
      When tightening to a tripod, turn off the power, press the black button, the rotator base can turn slowly, the lock will engage and lock the rotation. This way the rotator can tighten fully. Release the button and reverse the rotator a bit to disengage the lock.
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
        USB port Is used for programming/debugging, not much for user,

        It is not recommended to be plugged in on USB on PC.

        if a power bank is plugged in
        usb port will power the controller only, not the motors, so it can be
        used for setting-up the presets the preset also can be launched
        and controller will do its job, you'll see degrees of movement so on,
        just like the real thing except the motors will not move, only
        pretend to be moving.
        Also it can help at changing the battery mid-run*, like:
        1) power through usb
        2) pause the running preset, (with pause or < button)
        3) move in parking with down button (because the motor will be disabled
        when changing the external battery, upper rail will "fall" if remains
        up).
        4) change the battery
        5) press up for upper rail to go back in position before battery change
        6) remove the usb cable
        7) press > or pause to continue.

        *a power splitter cable is provided to have 4 battery as 2 + 2 in
        parallel, in which case the battery can be changed any time, from only
        ​​​​​​one set at a time, ofc., this this is easier than the above described.

        the black button is to lock the rotator when is screwed on tripod, or anything attached to it.
        is like an internal hook, press and turn the rotator, it will disengage when the motor it will turn or if released.
        Hi.

        Could I ask what does the "power splitter cable" look like?

        I cannot find it in the F9923 C2-P1-E2 kit I received.

        Thank you

        Comment


        • #5
          Sorry, I must have mislead you, I couldn't find it either, so maybe is sold separately, I might saw it in an image
          trouble, is I cannot find the image either, thus not been able to provide the image.
          Maybe was in some message exchanged with Nick.
          If I'll find it, I'll take an image for sure.


          Anyways is a "Y" cable, precisely:

          "Nodal Ninja Mecha DC Power Splitter Cable 1x male to 2x female"

          to allow two battery holders to be connected in parallel.
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

          4. ..

          Comment


          • #6
            F9917 is a 1 to 2 splitter cable.
            https://www.fanotec.com/dc-power-splitter-cable/438
            Fanotec
            We listen. We try harder.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nick fan View Post
              F9917 is a 1 to 2 splitter cable.
              https://www.fanotec.com/dc-power-splitter-cable/438
              Thanks Nick. It was not included in the DAC kit I received but appears to have been included in the kit for another customer. See link below. Not sure why but regardless can you send me one or do I need to order it? Thank you.

              https://forum.nodalninja.com/forum/p...3482#post33482

              Comment


              • #8
                It was included as early bird special.
                Battery last for many hours. There are batteries with higher capacity too. So not an essential item.
                Fanotec
                We listen. We try harder.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                  It was included as early bird special.
                  Battery last for many hours. There are batteries with higher capacity too. So not an essential item.
                  What model and capacity batteries are supported?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    MECHA C2 has a DC Input 9-19 V / 2A
                    https://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/c2-guide.pdf#page=11

                    By default it has a battery holder for two NP-F550
                    https://www.google.com/search?q=np-f...ttery&tbm=isch


                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

                    4. ..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you. What is the model of the higher capacity batteries that Nick mentioned?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This could be one example of 2500mAh

                        https://www.amazon.com/2500mAh-Repla.../dp/B000E7XM68
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. Mecha team up.

                        4. ..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
                          This could be one example of 2500mAh

                          https://www.amazon.com/2500mAh-Repla.../dp/B000E7XM68
                          OK. But what does he mean by higher capacity? Higher than what capacity?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm only guessing he meant vs 2200 mAh
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

                            4. ..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If you want huge capacity for C2
                              one way can be

                              https://panosociety.com/products/nod...ttom-to-bottom
                              and
                              2 x these
                              https://www.amazon.com/Watson-NP-F97...2986803&sr=8-5
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

                              4. ..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X