Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about IR Remote in Mecha E2 C1 DAC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about IR Remote in Mecha E2 C1 DAC.

1. When used in Mecha E2 C1 DAC, it only works in H Mecha.
    Please tell me how to connect to V-Mecha.

2. There is a slight delay in H-Mecha, where IR Remote is connected, but there is no problem setting it to the desired location.

However, in V-Mecha, the reaction rate is too slow (a matter of time the signal from H-Mecha reaches V-Mecha).

It is too difficult to send it to the desired location.

Although I set it to a very slow speed of 1, it is difficult to approach the stop position due to delays without immediately responding to the IR Remote signal.

Yes, that is confirmed, it looks like something needs to be improved in DAC and IR, I'll have it in mind for the next FW update.
    1. Mecha it possible.
    2. Mecha it easy.
    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DorinDXN View Post
      Yes, that is confirmed, it looks like something needs to be improved in DAC and IR, I'll have it in mind for the next FW update.
      Can I add UI content during the next FW update?

If you can enter numbers on the horizontal slider, it will be easier to send them to the desired location or use them for partial panorama shooting.

The horizontal slider may be convenient to move to an approximate position, but it is difficult to move to an accurate position.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Venti View Post

The horizontal slider may be convenient to move to an approximate position, but it is difficult to move to an accurate position.
        That slider offers relative positioning up to 1 deg. precision and is very easy to use.

Once you'll start to use it you'll see what I mean.

1. Mecha it possible.
        2. Mecha it easy.
        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

How many times have you used it on your mobile?

I know that it can be used precisely when using a PC or laptop.

But it's not easy on mobile.

In particular, there is an inconvenience of having to take off your gloves when using it in winter.
          (Hong Kong won't be able to experience that)

Comment

When dragging on PC or mobile, you need to look at the number above, you can see that can be easily controlled with 1° resolution.
            Anyways, I'll see if that can be doubled by a numeric input, and I'll add it in the flowing FW updates.
            1. Mecha it possible.
            2. Mecha it easy.
            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

In the meantime, you can set very small value eg 0.5 degree for the command <1 or >1 and another value for <2 or >2.
              This allows you to fine tune the last position. It is best you set the initial position with the buttons first and then use fixed intervals for any movement. This guarantees you can return to initial position.
              The wireless dual controller combo is more challenging than we thought of.

Nick
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                In the meantime, you can set very small value eg 0.5 degree for the command <1 or >1 and another value for <2 or >2.
                This allows you to fine tune the last position. It is best you set the initial position with the buttons first and then use fixed intervals for any movement. This guarantees you can return to initial position.
                The wireless dual controller combo is more challenging than we thought of.

Nick
                Thank you for suggesting an alternative.

I know that the process of developing it for users to use intuitively is not easy.

In use for nearly three years, there are inconvenient features, but it has been used without difficulty with continuous firmware updates and various alternatives.

However, there is a wish that it would be easier for the user to control.

Comment

I started to work on re-writing the movement engine from scratch.
                  That will take a while but the result will be much better control and communication, MECHA will have both real axis C2 and virtual axis like in case of DAC.
                  another benefit of that will be more precise IR commands, and overall better control of position in panorama shooting sequence.
                  The downside is, until the new engine is ready, there will be no improvement in the IR response for DAC.

For a particular scenario is possible, however, to have better IR control now, even for DAC if you accept to use two IR receivers and one single IR commander.
                  If is the case, please contact me at mecha(at)nodalninja.com and I'll send you the instructions for that.

1. Mecha it possible.
                  2. Mecha it easy.
                  3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I've sent the instructions for two IR receivers and one Commander
                    1. Mecha it possible.
                    2. Mecha it easy.
                    3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I've sent the instructions for two IR receivers and one Commander
                      After the "UPLOADING..." message came out, there was no response to the LED of MECHA and the message did not disappear.
                      Please check if the file you sent is wrong.

Comment

I sent them again
                        1. Mecha it possible.
                        2. Mecha it easy.
                        3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

I sent them again
                          < or > 1
                          < or > 2
                          < or > 3
                          It doesn't work with IR remote control.

Comment

You can try to enable the
                            [x] Use NN IR remote..
                            only in H MECHA /config.

this is all can be done until the new moving engine is ready.
                            1. Mecha it possible.
                            2. Mecha it easy.
                            3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Ok, I'll add "use two IR receivers .." in he next FW for DAC
                              that will solve the issue in case of using two IR receivers.
                              1. Mecha it possible.
                              2. Mecha it easy.
                              3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
                              X