Stitching errors with R1 & Canon 8-15mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all.

I spent some time editing the Control Points, Deleting worst Control Points (which did not delete any because none were outside the parameters), adding Control Points, deleting individual Control Points including those on clouds and in all cases the Optimizer was returning 'very good'.

'jimtron' included a set of an interior with lots of detail and 'features in all directions', which is just as good as the inside of a Church, which showed a very similar pattern of mismatches as the 'outside' set and in my opinion (which, as I have stated, is open to discussion) points to a parallax problem, so establishing the appropriate shooting pattern is in my humble opinion the first priority.
    I may not be correct in this assumption, but currently cannot think of another explanation.

My opinion is based on supporting Customers with getting true colours onto Scanner Point Clouds since the Scanners (without cameras) were introduced at the end of the last century and a good number of these were not Parnographers, or even Photographers, so setting them up with a shooting pattern to suit their particular equipment then setting them up with a Template was a great way standardizing their work flow.

Comment

Then jimtron will not reach the condition a outlined in red and will not have that template to use, due to either R1 setting or other causes which I have no time to list now.

if, however it passed the red condition, a perfect panorama in a church interior with no stitching error (hence no parallax) it can follow my advice and will have the same stitch with any other set of image, provided were shot at the same focal length and no R1 setting changed.

As I said that was the necessary step, he needs to have that even if that requires the change of the shooting way, as you suggested, but to be able to use the template for the set of the image he made available, he need a similar shooting template., the step is required, and is true, is not guaranteed to be achieved, but he can try, sometimes the lens just have a different projection .. but this is another long story :)
      1. Mecha it possible.
      2. Mecha it easy.
      3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Exactly 😊

Comment

I sent the stitched panos, along with PTGui files,
          I had an another look to the images with a different approach,
          like the pano was shoot with a slightly different lens, with subtle changes between each shot, the result is quite good,
          and the cause might not be far from reality, being a zoom lens I'm not familiar with, so maybe something did changed between shoots.

Added lots of CP automatic with PTGui but in manually selected regions, I think that the number of actual manual CP I added were under 10 and some for vertical references, an usual procedure, then I eliminate some CP from the area where I suspected some wind (in the outdoor one).

the password for the zip archive is Mecha
          the archive was sent via wetransfer.com
          1. Mecha it possible.
          2. Mecha it easy.
          3. Mecha team up.

4. ..

Comment

Working...
          X