TTArtisan 11mm f/2.8 Full Frame Fisheye Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTArtisan 11mm f/2.8 Full Frame Fisheye Lens

Is their a ring compatible with the subject lens?

If not available I have an STL file from which I had one 3D printed for approximately £40 which I can send you.
    Requires 2 x 20mm M4 bolts, washers and nuts.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hugh Thank you. Could you upload it and post the link here?
      Last edited by dzeek; August 26, 2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

https://www.fanotec.com/lens-ring-fo...all-mounts/408
        Fanotec
        We listen. We try harder.

Comment

New! Do you have a photo of it so we see where it attaches to the lens?
          Last edited by dzeek; August 29, 2021, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Apologies for not responding sooner, but I have been away from my computer during the long weekend.

I get a message telling me I cannot upload an STL file, but if you would like it please email me at [email protected] and I will send you the file.

Having seen that there is now a Fanotec lens ring for this lens I would recommend getting the 'real deal'.
            I have a number of Fanotec lens rings for different lenses and they are a quality, well designed and engineered product.

I created my own lens ring as I could not find one on the internet when I purchase a TTArtisan 11mm f/2.8 Full Frame Fisheye Lens.
            I separated the two halves with a 1mm plane so they would print separately.
            It holds the lens firmly, but not absolutely rigidly so the lens and focus ring can still be rotated so if you go down this route it is necessary to check camera orientation and focus each time it is set up.

I find that the lens works best with the aperture at f11, with f8 as a close second, and focused at infinity.

With the R1 I orientate the camera so the diagonal is vertical and take 6 shots round at +12.5°, 6 shots round at -2.5° and a hand held nadir shot.
            I actually take 2 nadir shots at right angles to increase my options when stitching the images and 6 shots round is the maximum with my rotator.
            PTGui returns very good or good after I have used 'Delete Worst Control Points' and this shooting pattern closes the zenith although the lack of overlap at the zenith can produce undesirable results so perhaps a hand held shot to the zenith would also be useful.

I have also used the lens on an NN3 with the camera in 'portrait' orientation and take 8 shots round at +35°, 8 shots round at -20° and a couple of hand held shots at right angles to the nadir.
            PTGui returns very good or good after I have used 'Delete Worst Control Points' and this shooting pattern closes the zenith nicely.
            6 shots round at +35° with 6 shots round at -20° also works but I prefer the extra overlap for Control Point generation and the option to use the Mask feature in PTGui if there is movement (people, animals, leaves blown by the wind, etc.).

The NPP is in the gap between the lens hood and focus ring as shown near the bottom of:
            http://www.hugh360.co.uk/measurement...int-of-a-lens/
            with the lens focused at infinity,

Hope this helps.
            Last edited by Hugh; August 31, 2021, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Thank you Hugh. I sent you an email to get the STL file.

Comment

nick fan I received the lens ring for the TTartisan 11mm Lens. How do I get the ring on the lens? It doesn't seem to open far enough to fit over the front or rear of the lens to get it on. Also which part of the lens does it go on? It seems it should go on the lens near the body but that part of the lens has markings on it that need to be visible. Here's a picture of the lens.

​​​​​​
                Last edited by dzeek; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh View Post
                  If not available I have an STL file from which I had one 3D printed for approximately £40 which I can send you.
                  Hi Hugh. Could I ask what type of material you used for the 3D print? Thank you!

Comment

The GFX version of the lens has different measurements. Could you send me the original design file so I can modify it? Thank you.

Comment

I have sent you information by email

Comment

I have sent you information by email
                        Received. Thank you.

Comment

Please can you post a photo of the Fanotec Lens Ring for the TTArtisan 11mm f2.8 Lens so I can have a look?
                          Thanks. Hugh.

Comment

This lens not only differs at the rear to fit various cameras as expected, but also differs at the front.
                            The lens I have is for the Nikon Z cameras and has built in lens hood, but the photograph of the lens for the GFX body as posted above has no lens hood.
                            The fov of the Nikon Z fit lens is approximately 173° across the diagonal and 140° on the long side.
                            The NPP is some 18 mm back from the front of the lens, or 19.5mm back from the front of the lens hood, with the lens focused at infinity.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	TTArtisan 11mm f2.8 for Nikon Z body.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	34429
                            Last edited by Hugh; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Please can you post a photo of the Fanotec Lens Ring for the TTArtisan 11mm f2.8 Lens so I can have a look?
                              Thanks. Hugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X